Main Menu

corfam polish

Started by CCAlex, May 14, 2010, 07:07:22 PM

CCAlex

hey i'm wondering if there is a special polish for corfam shoes to unscuff them. i see on the web that there is an "honor guard polish" or instant spit shine and i was wondering if it actually works

Eclipse

I bought the cleaner that is supposed to for Corfam's - didn't make much difference - Windex cleans them just as nice.

If you have a nic or a scuff, there is no way to fix that.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Shoe polish only works on leather shoes.  The plastic surface of corfams (the really shiny/mirror looking shoes) would be ruined by using shoe polish.  Conventional wisdom passed down over the years has recommended Windex or Pledge to clean them.  Light scuffs might be able to be removed, and dust and surface dirt wiped away.  But serious scuffing, especially from the rubber soles of the other shoe, cannot be fixed on corfams unfortunately.  You just have to buy new ones if they get badly scuffed.   Save your old scuffed ones for beat-arounds (like for practices, if you're on a color guard or drill team, or maybe for wearing on a rainy/snowy day).
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Mike Johnston

SarDragon

Careful application of orange oil cleaners like Goo Gone can remove surface scuffing, including the rubber sole marks mentioned above. However, nothing will repair actual damage to the surface. Nothing.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DBlair

When you have scuffs or other damage to them, they are pretty much done.

That is why when I did Drill Team, we had our practice shoes (often the comp shoes from the year before) and our competition shoes which we were only allowed to wear the day of the actual competition to be sure there would be no damage beforehand. They look great, but can be ruined instantly if you aren't very careful when wearing or storing them.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

LtCol057

For awhile when I was working in EMS, we work Corfams with our uniforms.  They looked good for about 1 day max.  Most of us had nicks and scrapes within a week that couldn't be cleaned off.  Luckily we changed to regular shoes.  They had to be polished, but they weren't as hot as the Corfams.