NVWG/CAWG Encampent Staff Selection

Started by flyboy.CAP, April 26, 2010, 11:57:57 PM

flyboy.CAP

Hello, I am currently a C/A1C, about to promote, and I have attended a basc encampment. This year, I was going to apply for Public Affairs. I am GREAT with cameras and computers, I am 1st element leader, and sometimes flight sergent, and i was wondering if there was any chance that i could get the job. Thanks in advance for any help!  8)

a2capt

First.. there has to be an encampment ..

There should be some imminent news posted here ... real soon .. ;-)

http://www.cawgcadets.org/index.php

Staff application and selection is *normally* done by this close to encampment, though not much has gone out around about it yet..

lordmonar

Well maybe not....I just saw a letter from my Wing CP guy that does not give me any warm fuzzies.

Stay Tuned.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

PHall

Quote from: lordmonar on April 27, 2010, 01:04:25 AM
Well maybe not....I just saw a letter from my Wing CP guy that does not give me any warm fuzzies.

Stay Tuned.

Staff Selection is scheduled for May 7-9, 2010 at Fort Hunter-Liggett, CA.

It's all right here   www.cawgcadets.org

lordmonar

Letter I got today said that there may not be any room for NV Cadets
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

mynetdude

seems like more and more encampments are getting tighter for space availability.

Is there any chance CAWG will bring its encampment closer to the Sacramento area one of these years? (you know, perhaps alternate one year north one year south?)

my wing has decided not to do summer encampment this year, so this year I am going to CF15 in WAWG.

a2capt

It's not quite "Heartbreak Ridge" to get an encampment scheduled and pulled off .. but darn close. ..

PHall

Quote from: mynetdude on April 27, 2010, 03:41:00 AM
seems like more and more encampments are getting tighter for space availability.

Is there any chance CAWG will bring its encampment closer to the Sacramento area one of these years? (you know, perhaps alternate one year north one year south?)

my wing has decided not to do summer encampment this year, so this year I am going to CF15 in WAWG.

You get us a facility that can handle 300+ people that is near Sacramento and you got a deal.

Travis AFB can't do it. Neither can Mc Clellan, Mather, or even Beale AFB.

PHall

Quote from: lordmonar on April 27, 2010, 03:24:55 AM
Letter I got today said that there may not be any room for NV Cadets

I would be interested to see a copy of that letter because I'm doing Logistics for Encampment and we haven't made that decision yet. We're still working on a facility at Camp Pendleton.

a2capt

I hope that "letter" is a misunderstanding, and not someone spiking politics, as in the end, the kids suffer and thats just not right.

mynetdude

Quote from: PHall on April 27, 2010, 04:06:37 AM

You get us a facility that can handle 300+ people that is near Sacramento and you got a deal.

perfectly understandable, I'm just saying it would be awesome if you guys had encampments closer to the north half of the state.

300+ is a lot of people to accommodate, I don't know what kind of facility could offer that? What about ANG facilities or Armories or camps similar to what BSA would use, etc.  I went to youth camp in Sonora many eons ago at a conference ground they had dining hall, classroomms and cabins, etc perhaps a facility like this would work?

CadetFriesen

Quote from: flyboy.CAP on April 26, 2010, 11:57:57 PM
Hello, I am currently a C/A1C, about to promote, and I have attended a basc encampment. This year, I was going to apply for Public Affairs. I am GREAT with cameras and computers, I am 1st element leader, and sometimes flight sergent, and i was wondering if there was any chance that i could get the job. Thanks in advance for any help!  8)

Me thinks the original post got somewhat pushed aside with all facilities talk...

Serving on staff at at CAWG Encampment is a very challenging and rewarding experience. Being selecting for staff is also a highly competitive process. Staff is selected based on prior qualifications along with how a cadet performs at the Staff Selection Exercise. At Staff Selection Exercise (SSX) you will be tested on many different subjects, including knowledge of regulations, how well you can drill a flight, ect.

So apply for SSX! As previously mentioned, details are on www.cawgcadets.org. The deadline is May 1st, so there is no time to waste.

1st Lt, USAF

Eclipse

Quote from: mynetdude on April 27, 2010, 05:12:45 AM
Quote from: PHall on April 27, 2010, 04:06:37 AM

perfectly understandable, I'm just saying it would be awesome if you guys had encampments closer to the north half of the state.

300+ is a lot of people to accommodate, I don't know what kind of facility could offer that? What about ANG facilities or Armories or camps similar to what BSA would use, etc.  I went to youth camp in Sonora many eons ago at a conference ground they had dining hall, classroomms and cabins, etc perhaps a facility like this would work?

The preference for any encampment is an active-duty military base.  Guard bases and civilian facilities may offer a place to sleep and eat, but are usually light on the other mil-spec stuff needed (or desired) for an encampment like flight lines, SAMT or live fire ranges, etc.

There's a lot more to an encampment than hots & cots.

"That Others May Zoom"