Main Menu

What AM I Joining?

Started by RLM10_2_06, March 16, 2010, 02:17:19 PM

SarDragon

I think reading CAPR 20-1 will answer most of your questions and give a much better understanding about what's going on. Right now, you seem to be making some unfounded, incorrect assumptions.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RLM10_2_06

*Insert massive humbling here*

Dang, that just fixed a WHOLE bunch of things in my mind. It's amazing what a bit of inconsistency between this directive and their web site can do. Thanks a load for the link, SarDragon.

Okay, so now I'll simply assume that the workings of national level are far beyond my peon understanding and go about my business :D

Incidentally, the stuff earlier in this thread about the Professional Development program is good to know; so, to see if I get this...PD Program = individual progression (part of promotions and whatnot), and advancement in Specialty Tracks. In addition, I don't HAVE to serve in higher-level positions until CAP Colonel, if I so choose (and if I get there)?

Also, should I take my Ground Team question to another thread?
-Senior Member, CAP
Former C/PVT, AROTC
Former C/Lt Col, AFJROTC
Former C/2LT, AJROTC

davedove

Quote from: RLM10_2_06 on March 17, 2010, 05:38:02 AM
On a side note, where can I get some information about Ground Team work? I'm really interested in working something like that.

Quote from: RLM10_2_06 on March 17, 2010, 06:48:56 AM
Also, should I take my Ground Team question to another thread?

Your best bet would be to check out a squadron that has a ground team and see what they do.  Not all squadrons will have a ground team, although many do.  And how extensive their program is can vary a lot.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Seabee219

What I do is forget all the he said, she said, national said, and so forth and do it for the squadron. I am in a squadron that does not get 1/4 the recognition it deserves, but I forget all that and take care of my own and we do a good job of it. IF you like to serve in CAP and do not mind the fee, then make the best of it. (not that you do not do that now).  People like you who do care, will stand out and make a change for the better when you make it to National.  >:D  Take care all
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

OldSalt

Quote from: SarDragon on March 17, 2010, 05:58:34 AM
I think reading CAPR 20-1 will answer most of your questions and give a much better understanding about what's going on. Right now, you seem to be making some unfounded, incorrect assumptions.

Very good resource  :clap:  - except it is a little out of date and needs revising. Doesn't include the Board of Governors above the NB and the NEC. ;)