June 06, 2020, 05:37:09 pm

Level 2 Done. Now What?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, October 04, 2012, 03:05:11 pm

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Майор Хаткевич

Still need to hit up a TLC, UCC, CLC, etc., but what else besides the requirements?

abdsp51

Take a breather, then work on Lvl 3.

Pylon

Turn around and teach.  And then direct.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Angus

I'd suggest CLC then direct.   I know when I get back from RSC this month I'm going to start considering to direct a SLS.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Mass Wing Diversity Officer

RogueLeader

Pass on what you have learned.  Save you, it can.

Seriously, if you teach what you know, you get a better mastery of the material.
<redacted>

GRW 3340

Angus

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 04, 2012, 04:24:01 pm
Pass on what you have learned.  Save you, it can.

Seriously, if you teach what you know, you get a better mastery of the material.


Agree I must. 

I've found that by teaching these courses I've gotten a better understanding of the material. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Mass Wing Diversity Officer

Майор Хаткевич

One thing I do have to say about the OBC. Having been a cadet, half of it was easier than expected.

Critical AOA

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 04, 2012, 05:32:36 pm
One thing I do have to say about the OBC. Having been a cadet, half of it was easier than expected.


That only makes sense.  Being involved with one functional area of an organization will normally provide a certain level of familiarity with other areas of the same organization.    This is due to overlap in the basic knowledge base as well as personal interaction with and observation of the other functional areas. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

EMT-83

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 04, 2012, 03:05:11 pm
Still need to hit up a TLC, UCC, CLC, etc., but what else besides the requirements?


What Specialty Track are you working on?

Майор Хаткевич

By default I have a tech rating in CP. Still thinking about what others to take on.

EMT-83

Well, you'll need your Senior rating for Level 3. My advice would be to plan on how to achieve that rating.

I'm guessing that you're a recent convert to the dark side. Not sure if you're actually going to work in Cadet Programs, or distance yourself for a while.

If you're going to do something different, the Senior rating will take a while, so CLC can wait. If you're working in CP, then TLC and CLC are more important.

spacecommand

Work on finding a TLC and CLC class.

For level 3 as mentioned you need to be senior rated in your specialty track, and TLC is one of the requirements for a Senior rating in CP.

Don't forget attending two wing/region/national conferences as well.

Майор Хаткевич

My 18 months TIG is coming up in December. Leaves me 3 years to get everything else done.

One conference done as a Cadet in 2006.

Devil Doc

So basically to finish level 2 you have to have 6-12 months into a Technician rating. I have taken OBC and will have a SLS done by next year, so that just leaves being in an Specialty rating long enough to get the Technician rating. OBc and SLS is all that is required for lvl 2 once you get an Technician rating. Am I Correct?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.


Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 05, 2012, 06:37:20 pm
So basically to finish level 2 you have to have 6-12 months into a Technician rating. I have taken OBC and will have a SLS done by next year, so that just leaves being in an Specialty rating long enough to get the Technician rating. OBc and SLS is all that is required for lvl 2 once you get an Technician rating. Am I Correct?


The best resource out there: http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/level-ii-technical-training/

spacecommand

In addition to the link provided above, you can start your own CAPF 24 and check off what you already have.

Complete your Yeager before you submit your level 2 documents and you'll get a nice yeager seal attached to your Davis certificate.

For Level 3, you can attend conferences at any point in your CAP career, so even if you are doing level 2, any conferences you attend during that time still count for level 3. 

I just need to complete RSC (or equiv) and Master my specialty before I finish Level 4!!!

ProdigalJim

Quote from: spacecommand on October 05, 2012, 08:35:58 pm
Complete your Yeager before you submit your level 2 documents and you'll get a nice yeager seal attached to your Davis certificate.


That's good advice...just got mine with a sticker last week!

To the OP, consider an additional Specialty track. There's always lots of work to be done, and stretching beyond familiar territory (in this case, CP) is part of the fun, no?  :)
Jim Mathews, Maj., CAP
Commander, VAWG Group 3
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...