CAP Talk

Operations => Emergency Services & Operations => Topic started by: Eclipse on March 29, 2016, 02:49:18 AM

Title: NOC Augmentee
Post by: Eclipse on March 29, 2016, 02:49:18 AM
Reviewing arajca's insignia proposal, I noticed mention of "NOC Augmentee", has anyone ever actually done this?

I recall about 3 years ago, when I was Wing ESO, there was lot of traffic on this, I was even put in for it by the Wing CC and then
never heard anything more about it.
Title: Re: NOC Augmentee
Post by: Spaceman3750 on March 29, 2016, 01:18:52 PM
I think I heard once that our previous wing CV is/was one. You could try asking him.
Title: Re: NOC Augmentee
Post by: Larry Mangum on March 29, 2016, 03:26:55 PM
I also was one, the program had kind of died out, I think due to a lack of funds.
Title: Re: NOC Augmentee
Post by: Fubar on March 30, 2016, 05:32:07 AM
Quote from: Larry Mangum on March 29, 2016, 03:26:55 PM
I also was one, the program had kind of died out, I think due to a lack of funds.

What did an augmentee do and why did it take funds?
Title: Re: NOC Augmentee
Post by: lordmonar on March 30, 2016, 07:15:27 AM
Worked at the NOC in maxwell or was it at AFRCC?   It took funds to pay for travel lodging food and per diem
Title: Re: NOC Augmentee
Post by: FW on March 30, 2016, 09:41:30 AM
The NOC is a well run CAP shop which may require member help during wide spread DR missions, like Sandy, Katrina, and the Mississippi flooding type disasters.  During these missions, funds would be available for "augmentee's" to assist.  The same is true for manning FEMA desks, etc. 

I don't remember, though, any formal program to train members for the task.  Qualified IC's, or other such ES rated staff would be called in to help.