CAP Talk

Operations => Emergency Services & Operations => Topic started by: kirbahashi on July 24, 2015, 08:33:50 PM

Title: Who has used the LL-16 L-pers?
Post by: kirbahashi on July 24, 2015, 08:33:50 PM
I was curious to talk to folks who have used the LL-16's.  I have one person telling me they are crap...  When I get the "they are crap" and not much else, I tend not to believe the review. 

If anyone out there has used them and can provide honest feedback, I'd like to know.
Title: Re: Who has used the LL-16 L-pers?
Post by: sardak on July 25, 2015, 02:23:26 AM
You might read these. They would cancel out the one review you received.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=18619.msg339018#msg339018 (http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=18619.msg339018#msg339018)

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=15842 (http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=15842)

Mike
Title: Re: Who has used the LL-16 L-pers?
Post by: kirbahashi on July 27, 2015, 12:05:53 AM
Good deal.  I probably should have done more searching here, but my queries turned up nada.  It's funny to see that I am not the only one with a lousy opinion of the "Pro-Find" though.  Ha...

Thanks a ton!
Title: Re: Who has used the LL-16 L-pers?
Post by: PHall on July 27, 2015, 12:20:25 AM
Well, you won't have to worry about L-Pers much longer. L-Tronics is closing up shop.
Combination of the market drying up and they want to retire.
Title: Re: Who has used the LL-16 L-pers?
Post by: Storm Chaser on July 27, 2015, 01:28:41 AM
Interesting. Their website says they're not going out of business.
Title: Re: Who has used the LL-16 L-pers?
Post by: billford1 on July 27, 2015, 03:21:13 AM
Quote from: kirbahashi on July 24, 2015, 08:33:50 PM
I was curious to talk to folks who have used the LL-16's.  I have one person telling me they are crap...  When I get the "they are crap" and not much else, I tend not to believe the review. 

If anyone out there has used them and can provide honest feedback, I'd like to know.

We had two of them and one had better receiver sensitivity than the other. They both worked better in the cold weather than the Seimac pro-find that we had. With the Seimac you had to get closer. The LL-16 is pretty good considering that it was produced so long ago. The factory made coax cables are more reliable.