Meeting Hall, Meeting Room, Squadron HQ, TOC, "the building" etc.....? Just curious
"The Squadron" or "The ALS"....we meet at the Airman Leadership School facility on base.
The Building.
for some reason, we've always referred to ours as the Squad Bay. Don't know why, with that being a marine term for barracks, but it stuck. I've wondered if there is a more appropriate term.
The Hangar.
The hangar is actually next door to the building we meet in, but we still refer to the whole facility as "the hangar".
???
I have always called it "The Squadron".
The squadron...or The Pit where we plotted the defeat of COBRA...
"Headquarters", "HQ", or "base." Depends on our mood and planetary alignment ;D
We refer to ours as "The Squadron Building", or just "The Squadron."
Headquarters!
We always call it "The Armory", due to the fact that we meet at a National Guard Armory ;D
Depends on which building...if I am local and visiting my "home" unit, it's "See that tan building over there with the red tiled roof...." -- not really, it's the Squadron. On the other hand, the building where my current unit conducts its business and missions is called "NHQ" :)
Ours is "base" or "the airport classroom" referring to the building at the local airport where flight training ground school takes place. It's not very formal with us.
The outdoor area and adjacent parking lot where we practice drill and PT is either referred to informally as "outside" or "the flight line." However, I've made it a somewhat non-SOP to call the drill and PT area "the grinder" and the area outside of the hangar the "flight line." The grinder is strictly drill and PT. The flight line is a segregated section by a fenced off area where it's an active airport. We try and have a safety briefing when stepping out to that area before beginning any activity.
I would tell you but.... OPSEC! 8) >:D