Main Menu

cadetstuff????

Started by flyguy06, January 01, 2006, 03:16:31 PM

flyguy06

Is this a website for Civil Air Patrol members or is it for all military ROTC cadets? I checked it out and it looks interesting, but all I saw was CAP postings.

footballrun21

C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

MIKE

Quote from: flyguy06 on January 01, 2006, 03:16:31 PM
Is this a website for Civil Air Patrol members or is it for all military ROTC cadets? I checked it out and it looks interesting, but all I saw was CAP postings.

CadetStuff was always intended to be a website for all cadet organizations worldwide, but the fact is that all the site staff are CAP members and most of the active participants in the forums are CAP members... It has never really caught on with the other cadet organizations.  You might have some pop in and say hi, but few stick around for very long.
Mike Johnston

NIN

You're definitely welcome no matter what, however.   We  DO want to make it take off for other Cadet Programs, we're just having a hard time "making it stick!"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

pixelwonk

No easy feat, even though NINs pretty sticky himself.

Pylon

Quote from: tedda on January 02, 2006, 07:45:38 PM
No easy feat, even though NINs pretty sticky himself.

Even though his cumberbund wasn't sticky enough at the Syracuse dining out!   :o ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JAFO78

Am I missing something on Cadetstuff or are they not updating any more? I know it was hard to pull up the web site, but it still says October?

What gives?
JAFO

shorning

Quote from: RobG on January 29, 2006, 10:14:39 AM
Am I missing something on Cadetstuff or are they not updating any more? I know it was hard to pull up the web site, but it still says October?

What gives?

Most of the action on CadetStuff takes place on the forums.  Although the rest of the site is good too.

NIN

Quote from: RobG on January 29, 2006, 10:14:39 AM

What gives?

Couple things give:

1) We've had a dearth of submitted content (this stuff doesn't grow on trees)
2) The principle guys doing the editorial & layout stuff have been pretty busy (for example, I have been promoted at work, so since December I've been working 50-60 hrs/week.  I have the time here and there to poke my head into the forums, etc, but I haven't had a lot of time to commit to the editorial functions in the last 60 days or so..)
3) We're working on the "new" CadetStuff, so that's sucking up a little bit of a lot of people's time.

I think we'll be rolling some stuff out here in the next couple-three days, however.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JAFO78

Thanks NIN for all your hard work with Cadetstuff.

I know it is hard when you are working a lot of hours. A lot of times CAP gets in the way when we don't want it to, and ends up on the back burner.

Been there, done that.
JAFO