Main Menu

Vanguard funding

Started by BillB, April 30, 2013, 07:21:14 PM

BillB

Maybe I totally missed it. But where did the latest "profit" funding from Vanguard go?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Flying Pig

Eclipse

If you mean the distribution from them, I don't know about the "last" one, but I know that recently my wing
got some money and it was used for NCC stuff like rifles and flags.

No idea how much, I only saw messages in passing about the source.

"That Others May Zoom"

PA Guy

Within the past yr. each region received a grant from this source to be used for cadet programs.  Mine used most of it for a RCLS

Storm Chaser

Does CAP receive enough funds from Vanguard to justify making them the exclusive supplier of CAP specific uniforms and accessories?

FW

Vanguard gives CAP about $60,000/year.  The money has been used to make major capital improvements to Hawk Mt., Oshkosh (NBB), and the facilities at NESA (Camp Attelbury).  The funds have also been used for various other purposes relating to the cadet program. 

As to the justification for Vanguard's exlusivity; I think there are plenty of threads that have gone over that.... ;D

a2capt

<blatant plug>10% Online Discount Code NWMAY13 for May 2013</blatant plug>

jimmydeanno

I don't think it's so much "is the kickback enough to justify using VG" its a few things.

1) Putting out the manufacture and sale of our stuff out for bid.

2) From the people who actually bid can they:

a) Provide every single one of our uniform items, even stuff that will only sell 1 item per year
    b) Provide an accessible method of ordering and sales
    c) Provide a product that meets the quality expectations of the customer

and so on.

If someone isn't going to be the exclusive provider, I can't say that there'd be enough incentive to even justify picking up our business.  Then we'd be left with a bunch of random sources that we'd have to go around and try to find.  We'd have various attempts at how to make our stuff and the Master CDIs would probably not have a badge to wear since nobody is going to waste their time to make something that is only going to sell 20 in a decade.

The "kickback" is really just a bonus.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill