CD Application

Started by Walkman, February 07, 2010, 03:33:24 AM

Walkman

I'm very interested in doing CD ops. However, I have a couple of spots on my record from a while ago (no felonies and no drug related stuff). Anyone know what the criteria is?

cap235629

just be honest.  I had a couple of "spots" too and was approved.  They are mainly looking for substance abuse violations and felonies. If you "omit" them you will go down in flames for lying.......
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

flyguy06

IOne of my former Squadronmembers wants to apply for the CD program. how long does itr take the application to process through and be approved?

bosshawk

Mike: I will PM you with details.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

flyguy06

Ohhhhhh. My question was how long does it take toprocess the application for a friend of mine. he is a University Police Officer so I suspect it wont take that long.

PHall

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 07, 2010, 07:50:54 AM
Ohhhhhh. My question was how long does it take toprocess the application for a friend of mine. he is a University Police Officer so I suspect it wont take that long.

I wouldn't put money on that. >:D

flyguy06

So, this member wants to be a mission pilot. He is got tredo his scanner stuff. hewill be a Mission pilot by this sumer becasue he is going to NESA. Canhe go ahead and put in his for 83? By the tim ethebackground check is complete he should be good to go. Soshould he put it in now?

Short Field

If he is currently ES qualified in a ES position your wing uses in CD and he has two years in CAP, then he should put in his application.  See CAPR 60-6 for details.

How long will the application take to be approved?  Who knows - that all depends on the individual and what is on his application.  Most that I have seen are completed within a month.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640