Situation normal, more confusion

Started by Walkman, October 29, 2009, 07:00:49 AM

Walkman

OK, so I was enrolled in the operations track and made Ops O tonight. No one in recent memory has had this duty, so we're all learning as we go. As I was going through the tech rating reqs for Ops, I read this:

3) Complete technician rating requirements for emergency services, CAPP 210 and ECI course 2130D, Introduction to Emergency Services
4) Complete technician rating requirements for Flight Operations Officer, CAPP 210 and Standardization/Evaluation, CAPP 212

If I'm reading this correctly, to get the Tech rating in Ops, I have to get 3 other tech ratings first. Is that correct? If so, then I've made a mistake, as I can't get the tech rating in Flight Operations Officer or Stan/Eval, since I'm not a pilot.

<rant>
There is just so much joy from trying to build an ES program out of nothing where nobody is available to mentor. For every step forward, there's two steps back it seems. </rant>

Short Field

You got it correct.  Tech in ES, Flt Ops, and Stand Eval.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Walkman

Quote from: Short Field on October 29, 2009, 07:57:54 AM

And am I correct in my reading that for Flt O and Stan/Eval one must be a pilot?

lordmonar

Quote from: Walkman on October 30, 2009, 01:00:38 PM
Quote from: Short Field on October 29, 2009, 07:57:54 AM

And am I correct in my reading that for Flt O and Stan/Eval one must be a pilot?

Yes
Quote from: CAPP 210 Para 3a(2)Must meet minimum requirements of a CAP pilot as described in CAPR 60-1
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Short Field

Stan/Eval also requires you be a Certified Flight Instructor.  Region CC can waive this if no other CFI is available.
Wilson #2640

RiverAux

I know several people who thought all you had to do was be an Ops officer and hadn't completed the other stuff. 

Nolan Teel

I just completed Master in Operations in August.  Took a long time but very rewarding!  I belive one of the hardest tracks to track in. 

Short Field

Quote from: RiverAux on October 30, 2009, 07:15:08 PM
I know several people who thought all you had to do was be an Ops officer and hadn't completed the other stuff.

And their squadron commander signed them off since he hadn't read the regs either..   :D
Wilson #2640

RiverAux

Pretty much.  I believe that once this was pointed out to them they went back and got the other quals.