Help me make an ES game.

Started by Walkman, July 23, 2011, 03:18:04 AM

Walkman

My sister got me the "Don't Die Out There" deck of cards for my birthday (http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Die-Out-There-Deck/dp/1594850712)

It a standard deck of cards but each card has survival/first aid info on it. I'd like to use them as some sort of training game for both cadets & SMs on a night when we're indoors.

Let the brainstorming begin!

Eclipse

Deal the cards and do the thing on the cards?

(make a shelter, start a fire, etc.)

Maybe have it timed to simulate survival pressure.

"That Others May Zoom"

hurricane1

I think you should try to use the rules of a regular card game in combination with the cards, like rummy or go fish. In the beginning, you could just use them to play any kind of card game, and encourage the players to read what is on the cards. Then after they have some familiarity with the information, change to the type of game where they have to collect a particular combination of cards, but they don't get the card unless they can answer a question about the card. I think go fish might work for this. Or if they are playing rummy, you as the moderator, control the stack, and before they can pick the card, they have to answer a question on the card.
Or you could do something easier, like Trivial Pursuit, but still they have to collect a certain variety of cards, so they have to get some from each suit, since each suit covers a separate category. So they would tell you what suit they need and you would ask questions from a card of that suit and again they don't get the card unless they can answer the question.

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on July 23, 2011, 03:19:50 AM
Deal the cards and do the thing on the cards?

(make a shelter, start a fire, etc.)

Maybe have it timed to simulate survival pressure.

I wonder if I could integrate this and some of my Controller materials for exercises (tabletops, etc.)...