2010 MIWG Encampment Question

Started by SKI304, November 18, 2010, 05:30:55 PM

SKI304

Does anyone have contact info for someone from the 2010 MIWG Encampment regarding the verification of completion credit for basic cadets?  About a month ago I sent an e-mail to the address listed on the encampment website and haven't heard anything back yet.  I've got five cadets who went up there for encampment last summer, but their encampment credit is not yet showing up in eServices.  Being that we are on the cusp of the NCSA application period I want to get this squared away so none of them get held up on their applications.  Any help is much appreciated.

By the way, kudos to the staff at MIWG for putting on an awesome encampment!  We had cadets go to five different encampments this summer, and yours received some of the best reviews.  Good job and thanks for all the hard work you put into it!
BILL HRINKO, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron

DBlair

Perhaps contacting the MIWG/DCP would be a good idea.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

NIN

Quote from: SKI304 on November 18, 2010, 05:30:55 PM
Does anyone have contact info for someone from the 2010 MIWG Encampment regarding the verification of completion credit for basic cadets?  About a month ago I sent an e-mail to the address listed on the encampment website and haven't heard anything back yet.  I've got five cadets who went up there for encampment last summer, but their encampment credit is not yet showing up in eServices.  Being that we are on the cusp of the NCSA application period I want to get this squared away so none of them get held up on their applications.  Any help is much appreciated.

By the way, kudos to the staff at MIWG for putting on an awesome encampment!  We had cadets go to five different encampments this summer, and yours received some of the best reviews.  Good job and thanks for all the hard work you put into it!

Wow, thats odd that they wouldn't show up in eServices after this amount of time.  Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that paperwork snafu, but yeah, definitely time to get that straightened out right away.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Slim

Bill,

The initial encampment report was submitted to the MIWG state director at the end of the encampment.  It was lost, and nobody bothered to inform the encampment commander (who is, incidentally, my room mate) until about the end of October.

In August, the MIWG finance officer wanted a copy of the encampment attendance database (for some unknown reason), which was close to 50Mb of data and used the NYWG encampment management program.  That database lived on the corporate laptop assigned to my squadron/me.  Rather than try to copy everything onto a CD or thumb drive, the encampment commander gave him the entire computer.  I still have not seen my issued property returned to me, and nobody at wing (CC, FN or WA) was exactly sure who had it last time I checked.  I'm dealing with that currently.

About two weeks after the end of encampment, MIWG also had a change of both wing commander and DCP, which may have contributed to the paperwork and communication issues.

Without the encampment management program, and not having made a copy of the original, there was only one way to recreate the attendance roster for the CAPF 20.  The encampment commander spent a couple of weeks using whatever free time he could muster, using the graduation powerpoint presentation to get names, and looking each member up individually in eServices to get CAPIDs so the paperwork could be sent back to the state director.

I know for a fact that the encampment report was mailed to MIWG HQ last Saturday, the 13th, as I gave him the stamps, and watched him drop it in the mailbox at the post office.

This situation has happened in the past with cadets needing the credit for their Mitchell awards.  At that time, NHQ/CP was accepting fax copies of encampment attendance certificates as proof to approve the Mitchell award.  I would think they would do the same for NCSA applications, but an email to the CP shop, most likely Curt LaFond should answer that question. 

Thanks for the kudos, we like to think we do a pretty good job.  But, we're a little bit biased.  I apologize for any inconveniences, we're usually not this far behind the power curve.

Slim

SKI304

Quote from: Slim on November 19, 2010, 08:20:49 AM
Bill,

The initial encampment report was submitted to the MIWG state director at the end of the encampment.  It was lost, and nobody bothered to inform the encampment commander (who is, incidentally, my room mate) until about the end of October.

In August, the MIWG finance officer wanted a copy of the encampment attendance database (for some unknown reason), which was close to 50Mb of data and used the NYWG encampment management program.  That database lived on the corporate laptop assigned to my squadron/me.  Rather than try to copy everything onto a CD or thumb drive, the encampment commander gave him the entire computer.  I still have not seen my issued property returned to me, and nobody at wing (CC, FN or WA) was exactly sure who had it last time I checked.  I'm dealing with that currently.

About two weeks after the end of encampment, MIWG also had a change of both wing commander and DCP, which may have contributed to the paperwork and communication issues.

Without the encampment management program, and not having made a copy of the original, there was only one way to recreate the attendance roster for the CAPF 20.  The encampment commander spent a couple of weeks using whatever free time he could muster, using the graduation powerpoint presentation to get names, and looking each member up individually in eServices to get CAPIDs so the paperwork could be sent back to the state director.

I know for a fact that the encampment report was mailed to MIWG HQ last Saturday, the 13th, as I gave him the stamps, and watched him drop it in the mailbox at the post office.

This situation has happened in the past with cadets needing the credit for their Mitchell awards.  At that time, NHQ/CP was accepting fax copies of encampment attendance certificates as proof to approve the Mitchell award.  I would think they would do the same for NCSA applications, but an email to the CP shop, most likely Curt LaFond should answer that question. 

Thanks for the kudos, we like to think we do a pretty good job.  But, we're a little bit biased.  I apologize for any inconveniences, we're usually not this far behind the power curve.

No problem, thanks for the info.  Doesn't sound like anything we can't get fixed.  I'll collect up some scans of their certificates and forward them to NHQ.
BILL HRINKO, Maj, CAP

Slim

Bill,

Just to follow up, I just checked eServices, and credit for the 2010 encampment is showing up for my people. 

Everything should be good to go.  Let me know if you have any more problems.

Slim

SKI304

Quote from: Slim on November 27, 2010, 04:37:21 AM
Bill,

Just to follow up, I just checked eServices, and credit for the 2010 encampment is showing up for my people. 

Everything should be good to go.  Let me know if you have any more problems.

Just took a look at eServices and they're all showing up now.  Thanks again for your help!  :)
BILL HRINKO, Maj, CAP