Displaying 101 cards during a mission or SARX

Started by desert rat, February 19, 2007, 07:08:48 PM

desert rat

How does everyone wear their 101 cards?   Is a lanyard a good idea or not?  How does aircrews wear theirs etc?

Do you have your picture on yours?

Eclipse

My picture is on mine, especially because until a few weeks ago it was the only decent CAP ID I had with a phot.

I wear it in a clear armband holder, which also contains my radios cards, first aid, CAP id, etc.

I have found this is less in the way and less likely to get lost than a neck chain or pocket clip.

"That Others May Zoom"

DeputyDog

Quote from: Eclipse on February 19, 2007, 07:12:39 PM
My picture is on mine, especially because until a few weeks ago it was the only decent CAP ID I had with a phot.

I wear it in a clear armband holder, which also contains my radios cards, first aid, CAP id, etc.

I have found this is less in the way and less likely to get lost than a neck chain or pocket clip.

I do the same thing with mine.

swya

c/a1c James Collins- age 13
nellis cadet squadron- nvo69
my myspace is www.myspace.com/swya

Al Sayre

Mine is in my wallet, if someone wants to see it, they can ask...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

DNall

Quote from: Al Sayre on February 19, 2007, 09:12:10 PM
Me too... but I've been looking at some chest mount admin pouches that have an ID window on front or flip down pannel, carries the radios & opens up for easy access to note pad, maps, compass, etc. Looks really slick & very functional, just hadn't found the one I want yet.

desert rat

Many orange vests have a pouch for this ID on them.  I think two should be carried, one in wallet on body, and one on display visible.

swya

also some miltary radio pouches have some id slots in them

Pace

Quote from: Al Sayre on February 19, 2007, 09:12:10 PM
Ditto; however, I've been looking into the clear armband type holders for when I'm assigned to a mission base staff position.  CAP photo ID card, 101, ROA, and anything else that I may need ID-wise.
Lt Col, CAP

Al Sayre

We've got little clip on cards with position designations on them at the Wing...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

shorning

Quote from: desert rat on February 19, 2007, 09:28:41 PM
Many orange vests have a pouch for this ID on them.  I think two should be carried, one in wallet on body, and one on display visible.

Why does your 101 card need to be visible?  It's not a valid ID and you don't need to display your quals while walking out it the field let alone around mission base.

SAR-EMT1

If the 101 doesnt have a pic then its even more worthless/unconvincing then the current Membership card.  As for wear: I have an armband holder for my cards while in the field.  I use an identical one for my EMS/FF cards at work.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

swya

DNall

AAFES, $2.50-3.50 I think they were at the PX Saturday. Pretty easy to find online. Try uscav or soemthign like that.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: desert rat on February 19, 2007, 09:28:41 PM

What... Your "Missing Airplane Hunting License?"
Another former CAP officer

JohnKachenmeister

I have a little black ballistic nylon wallet that holds ALL of my CAP documentation except my pilot stuff.

I keep a small pad of paper, a pen, my 101, my form 60, my 1st aid card, my ROA card, my CAP ID card, and probably some other papers in there too.  I have an outside pocket with an extra copy of the Form 60 to drop off at check in to the mission base.

The whole thing fits nicely into any pocket of the BDU.

If you want to know my name or my qualifications, you first must demonstrate your "Need to know."  How do I know you're not some Communist spy?
Another former CAP officer

DNall

Hey just a quick totally off topic question... I have an ROP card (CAPFm 76) from about 1995. When we changed over to calling it ROA the transition was that the old ones wouldn't be re-issued. I missed a couple years there, and came back in, been told that's still valid etc. What's the deal on that? Do I need to sit thru the class again & have a new ROA issued, or am I good to go as is?

brasda91

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Pylon

Quote from: DNall on February 19, 2007, 11:49:40 PM
AAFES, $2.50-3.50 I think they were at the PX Saturday. Pretty easy to find online. Try uscav or soemthign like that.

Yep, got my velcro armband holder from the AAFES BX a few months ago for about four bucks.  Works nice.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arajca

Quote from: DNall on February 20, 2007, 12:32:07 AM
Hey just a quick totally off topic question... I have an ROP card (CAPFm 76) from about 1995. When we changed over to calling it ROA the transition was that the old ones wouldn't be re-issued. I missed a couple years there, and came back in, been told that's still valid etc. What's the deal on that? Do I need to sit thru the class again & have a new ROA issued, or am I good to go as is?
Contact your wing DC or DCT. The policies vary from wing to wing.

DNall