Main Menu

Myspace

Started by Cadet Bonnett, September 05, 2006, 11:17:19 PM

Cadet Bonnett

Everyone,

I have a myspace account, and well on the account it states somethings that people in CAP really shouldn't know. The question however is this... If the commander doesn't see it, is there a reason to be worried. No one in CAP has my, myspace account, so no ones knows. My myspace page, doesn't have my real name.

So yeah is it a bad thing to have a myspace account that could in some way be detected by my command staff ??? ???
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

CLB

Maybe not your commander.......

But you just told countless CAP officers that YOU have a Myspace account with things that they shouldn't see. :clap: 
Capt Christopher Bishop
Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron

Cadet Bonnett

Though what you say is true... my account does not have pictures of me or me doing anything illegal and stupid. ( Not that i would anyway). All it states is that i do, do somethings that are not exaclty allowed in CAP.

One being that I smoke. I don't care if people know the things that have been posted, i was just hoping that it can't get me in trouble.
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

Matt

Well, aside from the case of being a minor...  Don't do it in CAP, don't do it in uniform, and you'd be groovy.  However, unless I'm mistaken, smoking under 18 is illegal, is it not?

Also, your profile is locked, so unless you allow someone to add you, you have no reason to fear it
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

dwb

If you don't want people to know it, don't post it on the Internet.

It's that easy.

Cobra1597

Also, do not say anywhere on your myspace page that you are in CAP. Don't even mention CAP on it at all.

I would also suggest simply not doing anything illegal. Then you wouldn't have anything to worry about.
Harrison Ingraham, Capt, CAP
MAWG External Aerospace Education Officer, ADY
Spaatz #1597

shorning

Quote from: justin_bailey on September 06, 2006, 01:39:18 AM
If you don't want people to know it, don't post it on the Internet.

And if you don't want CAP to know about it, don't post it on a CAP-related forum...

Heather

everything that has been said on this forum i feel is common sense. I have a myspace but only the people on my friends list can see it. I don't mention CAP at all because some of my friends say and have pictures of them doing stupid things that aren't "OK" in CAP. this way i don't make CAP look bad or myself for that matter.
C/TSgt. Bourne, Heather
GT3, CERT, Radio Comm. certified
399th Composite Squadron

Eclipse

Cadet Bonnett,

Are you fishing for exposure or absolution?

You posted the exact same question on Cadetstuff, and then you even go so
far as to post one of your violations in public here.

Two things, if you're looking to get caught doing whatever it is you shouldn't be doing, one good way to do it is to TELL EVERYONE.

Second, if anyone reading this really thinks that making a MYSPACE account "private" locks it from the world, you are sadly mistaken. Anyone with enough interest will be able to get whatever they want with little effort.

I am not trying to boast of my 3l33t3 s-killz, but you would be amazed what someone with a good Google search and a little time can find.

And all it takes is one tired programmer to place a "1" where a "0" should be, and you have no security.  And don't think any service provided for free is going to care.

Websites posted to tell the same 4 people you see everyday "secrets" are a waste of time, but thinking they are "secret" is even dumber...

And let's not forget about cases where one of you "inner circle" is on the "outs" and starts posting shots of your screens.

If you don't want people to know - tell no one, and don't write down in a public place.

"That Others May Zoom"

capcadet101

you know i think that if it is not anything really bad about the command staff than you shouldn't have to worry about it and if you put the command staffs name calling them out then i would be worried about it but if not i would think that you would be fine. if you did include names than i would change them a.s.a.p.
Cadet Ryan W. DiGiuseppi
Lake St. Louis Missouri 63367
ges,set, certified