Main Menu

Then and Now

Started by Stonewall, December 01, 2008, 07:05:18 PM

Stonewall

Not sure why I love doing this...

Former cadet in 1995.

....12 years later a (then LT) Captain and just completed SFAS...
Serving since 1987.

brasda91

Love that "AA".

I'm currently listening to an audiobook: "Beyond Band of Brothers" by Dick Winters.  Just had a discussion this morning that if the Army had taught more tradition, especially on how the 82nd came about and the role it played in WWII, when I was on AD, the retention rate may have been higher in the early 90's.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Duke Dillio

There's something to really be proud of Kirt.  I love seeing the happy ending pictures as much as you love posting them.    ;D

Stonewall

Wait, there's more....

A cadet captain in 1997....

A PJ in 2007...
Serving since 1987.

NIN

Darn, that boy looks "hard" in that 2nd photo. (which is the way our LTs should be, especially if you're gonna be an Airborne infantry platoon leader!)

(IIRC, isn't he a Ranger School grad?)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Stonewall

Quote from: NIN on December 01, 2008, 07:17:18 PM
(IIRC, isn't he a Ranger School grad?)

Not just grad, but honor grad.  Not sure why he isn't wearing his tab there. 

BTW, he followed in his brother's footsteps.  His brother was also a Mitchell Cadet, PJOC graduate, USMA grad, Ranger, and SF...  This guy just completed SFAS and is on his way to the next phase of his career.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

And one final then and now...

A highly motivated cadet in 2000, following in her dad's and two older brother's footsteps as Mitchell cadets...

And here she is earning her wings as a USMA cadet in 2007....
Serving since 1987.

♠SARKID♠