Just renewed for the 20th time.

Started by Stonewall, November 28, 2007, 09:05:42 PM

brasda91

Quote from: sargrunt on December 02, 2007, 12:55:39 AM
I was in D Co. but I have heard that it was a little different when I was there versus when you were there.

I don't know if every company did this, but when we left the barracks steps (on our off time), we ran to the sidewalk, dropped and did 10 push-ups and went about our merry way.  When we came back, we stopped on the sidewalk did 10 push-ups and then ran to the steps.  We ran everywhere; to pt, during pt, from pt, to breakfast, lunch and supper.  If we were going somewhere as a company, we ran there and back.  We had the rule during pt that if you fell back more than 2 paces from the person in front of you, you were dropped from school.  We had people drop out the first Monday morning of school and we hadn't even begun training yet.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

AlphaSigOU

If it wasn't for two pesky little breaks in service I would have been renewing for the 30th time this year.
(10-month break between Dec 1984 and Oct 1985, courtesy of college and enlisting in the Air Force and 17 years between Oct 1988 and Oct 2005.) Oh well...  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Duke Dillio

Quote from: brasda91 on December 02, 2007, 12:28:54 PM
Quote from: sargrunt on December 02, 2007, 12:55:39 AM
I was in D Co. but I have heard that it was a little different when I was there versus when you were there.
I don't know if every company did this, but when we left the barracks steps (on our off time), we ran to the sidewalk, dropped and did 10 push-ups and went about our merry way.  When we came back, we stopped on the sidewalk did 10 push-ups and then ran to the steps.  We ran everywhere; to pt, during pt, from pt, to breakfast, lunch and supper.  If we were going somewhere as a company, we ran there and back.  We had the rule during pt that if you fell back more than 2 paces from the person in front of you, you were dropped from school.  We had people drop out the first Monday morning of school and we hadn't even begun training yet.

We ran everywhere we went.  They didn't drop anyone for falling out or anything like that.  I actually don't remember anyone falling out of any of the runs.  They ran so slow that it hurt my knees to hold that slow of a pace.  We did do push ups when we left the barracks.  We also had to do 6 pull ups before going into the chow hall and then 6 more when we came out.  We had a couple of drops the first day after the 250 tower demo (man, that dummy made a loud thump.)  We also had a couple more drops on the first day of the 34 foot tower.  Lots of partying on VD drive during the weekends and Monday morning PT always smelled like a brew festival.  Wasn't there long but remember it was great times there.  Wish I could go back.