Anyone in or around Savannah?

Started by Stonewall, September 04, 2007, 03:19:58 AM

Stonewall

Hi kids.  Got a call on Friday to report to duty at my ANG squadron to augment some of the active duty dudes.  I'll be here at least through the end of September.

Not that anyone would notice fewer posts by me or anything, but some folks send me PMs regularly so don't get mad if I take a day or two to reply.  No CAP Talk on AF computers, not at my squadron anyway.  Will be checking regularly at night.

I plan on hitting the local CAP squadron here in Savannah so if anyone knows anyone there, give me a shout.  I sent a coutesy email to the CC and DCC to let them know of my visit, but no reply thus far.

Also, if anyone is in the area, let's meet up for a drink.  They got a Bass Pro shop here so I'm good to go.
Serving since 1987.

IceNine

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Stonewall

It's Savannah, not DC.  I'm 2 1/2 hours from home and plan on going home on the weekends.  It's actually a vacation from my regular job.  Plus, I'll be double dipping for 22 days since I'm on Title 10 orders.
Serving since 1987.

genejackson

Gosh, I wish I were down that way again.  I spent MANY years at Ft Stewart and have downed my share of Artillery Punches at the Shrimp Factory down on East River Street.  Yummmmm.... 
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

Becks

I'm in Charleston, however my parents live off of HHI; roughly 30 min from Savannah. Ill see when I'm going to be back that way.

BBATW

Walkman

Not down there anymore, but I spent close to 2 years in Savannah going to school. I wish I had known about CAP then, that was where I was turned down for the reserves.

flyguy06

I will also be at CRTC this Friday until mid September for Army National Guard training. The Savannah unit meets on Thursday nights at 1900 at Savannah airport side. Maybe I'll see you there.