Started by Stonewall, March 16, 2013, 12:30:12 AM

Devil Doc

Am I tougher than a Spaatz Cadet?

Define Tough?

Do I know more than a Spaatz Cadet?

Depends?

Am I going to Challenge this?

Prolly Not?

Why? Because I know my Boundries, plus, let the younginns do all the work, im more like a Supervisor/Facillitator anyway

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

LGM30GMCC

Take a current Spaatz Cadet and a former Spaatz Cadet and test 'em?

spaatzmom

Quote from: LGM30GMCC on May 20, 2013, 05:29:33 PM

There is only one former Spaatzen and he had his award revoked due to his criminal activity, murder.  Otherwise there are no former Spaatzen, it's for life.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Stonewall on May 20, 2013, 11:18:42 AM
Quote from: Pylon on May 20, 2013, 02:44:08 AM
Quote from: bflynn on May 19, 2013, 11:32:16 PM
Is a 40 year old man tougher than a young 20 year old man at the peak of his physical performance, regardless of what you call him?

Nope.  Silly concept.

Not at all silly.  I know a particular Army WO Air Force MSgt who is 50 40 and in top physical shape; in fact, much better physical shape than many of the brand new 19- to 20-year-old Marines I know.  And without doubt probably in far better shape than your average American 20-year-old.

FTFY  8)

Seriously, conditioning needs to be considered.  20 years ago, as a 20 year old grunt, I was in good shape, but I was not conditioned.  I was always impressed with the late 30, early 40 Senior NCO who could do what I could, but seem less fatigued.  Today, I'm that Senior NCO.

In my unit, we've got thin Airmen (and a lot of big'uns), but the thin ones aren't in shape.  I see guys ALL THE TIME that have 32" waists, but can't do push-ups, sit-ups, or run.  And God forgid strap a ruck to their back.

Roger that Master Sergeant.  :clap:

Stonewall

Quote from: LGM30GMCC on May 20, 2013, 05:29:33 PM

Makes sense, doesn't it.  But to follow the Boy Scouts' lead in this theme, the current Eagle Scouts are competing against former Boy Scouts who didn't achieve Eagle Scout status.  In fact, some of the adults didn't make it but a year or two in the Scouting program.

So to follow along the same lines as Are you tougher than a Boys Scout, we'd have to keep that candidates as those who did not achieve Spaatz status.
Serving since 1987.