Whatever ever happened to "Officer" vs "Senior Member" ??

Started by Dixie, February 10, 2010, 08:28:53 PM

raivo

Quote from: CyBorg on February 11, 2010, 09:59:17 PM
Aspirant (which is what the French Air Force uses for its officer candidates; you can imagine how that would be used phonetically)

Initiate
Novice
Apprentice
And my personal favorite, "Probie."

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Eclipse

Few terms that quantify a Senior Member as a "student", "cadet", "apprentice", or similar, are appropriate, because that it not the standing or relationship that a new member enters when they join CAP.

They can be unit CC's, or even a Wing CC the day after their Level 1 clears, and after Level 1, they are no longer "candidates" for anything, considering there is no requirement for seniors to progress, nor limitation to participation connected to grade.

In many cases, the new member has more experience and ability than the people reviewing his application (which is part of the plan).

There's no need to change anything.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

Re: Whatever ever happened to "Officer" vs "Senior Member" ?? « Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 01:55:32 PM »

geez....I just wanted to know if referring to our "Senior Members" as "Officers" had ever gotten past that memo that Pineda wrote back in 2006. I simple "nope" would have sufficed =)

^Nope...   ;D