Main Menu

CAP Christmas Ornament

Started by Stonewall, December 13, 2008, 10:16:42 PM

Stonewall

Anyone other than me have these things?  They were made by CMSgt Kim Johnson, USAF (Ret), who worked on AF1 and had the makers of the White House ornaments make these for CAP.  She was our LNCO back in the day and worked miracles. There was supposed to be a new one out each year, but I don't think it lasted too long.  I have 4 of them.

Serving since 1987.

Pumbaa

Man those are nice!  Would love to have those on my tree!

CAPLAW

Can you wear it on the uniform? ;D

Stonewall

Quote from: CAPLAW on December 14, 2008, 01:16:30 AM
Can you wear it on the uniform? ;D

Funny you should say that...  While they weren't worn on a uniform, there were a lot of left overs one year.  I mean, they were great the first year, but the idea was to sell these things as a fund raiser.  Problem is, lots of people want the annual White House ornament, but who wants a CAP one other than CAPers?  Exactly.  First year I bought about 20 of them as Christmas presents.

Anyhoo, still to this day, you'll find National Capital Wing awarding plaques with the ornament (non-dated ones) glued to a wooden plaque.  In fact, my wife was wing safety officer of the year and got one in 2004.  These things came about in 1996.
Serving since 1987.

LtCol057

They'd be interesting for putting on a squadron Christmas tree, if any squadrons still do that. I'd be interested in getting one each year.  New version of the Commanders Coin?

MIKE

I Like the GI Joe one better.  :)
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Quote from: MIKE on December 14, 2008, 08:06:03 PM
I Like the GI Joe one better.  :)

Yeah, I had to make sure I got that in there.  Mom gave that to me for my first "Army Christmas" at Ft. Beginning Benning.
Serving since 1987.

DC

Eclipse

Quote from: Stonewall on December 14, 2008, 01:35:25 AM...who wants a CAP one other than CAPers? 

The same people that pay $10+ on eBay for a $3 wing patch?

"That Others May Zoom"

Pumbaa

Stonewall

Quote from: Pumbaa on December 14, 2008, 11:27:56 PM
+$5 shipping !!!

And then, like me, get shafted by fraudulant charges, TWICE, from PayPal.  $400 in 2006 from my checking account and $2,900 last week from my visa.  Fortunately, I've got the biggest and best credit union in the world and they do a dern fine job.
Serving since 1987.