Main Menu

New Year's Resolution

Started by Stonewall, December 27, 2007, 12:25:58 AM

Stonewall

So, what's your goal for 2008?

CAP?  Personal?  Career?  Talk to me.  Where will you be this time next year?
Serving since 1987.

Pace

Quote from: Stonewall on December 27, 2007, 12:25:58 AM
So, what's your goal for 2008?
Overall: Escape the south and never return for more than a week at a time.

QuoteCAP?
Sit back and wait for my promotion date to roll around???  I dunno.  Although it would be nice to get somewhat active again with my squadron before I move.

QuotePersonal?
See "Overall" above ^^^

QuoteCareer?
Get accepted into nursing clinicals starting in August.

QuoteWhere will you be this time next year?
Hopefully getting ready for my second semester of clinicals.
Lt Col, CAP

pixelwonk

Personal: lose 60+lbs

CAP: train a replacement, staff an encampment

you?

Stonewall

Sorry, couldn't answer my own question as I got called to wash the little boy...

Military (Air Guard):  Achieve 7-level by October, be wearing TSgt by December.

Physical:  Get back to where I was before back problems started in August of '07.   Basically, running 24 minute 3 miles and averaging around 205 lbs (I'm 6' 1.5") regardless if I'm wearing clothes and just ate at Outback.  I put on 10 lbs in about 3 1/2 months.  I'm already on my way because I've lost 3 lbs since I hit the gym again.

Career:  I enjoy LE work, but really want to get back into security work, preferably management level, either with the government or private industry.  Problem is, I'm not willing to relocate or I'd pick up a job tomorrow.

CAP:  Earn Wilson Award and bring my squadron's cadet program up to about 25 active cadets (in complete uniforms) and get the cadets active in ground emergency services.

Family:  Be a good dad, husband and dog owner.  Teach my wife how to close cabinet doors, clean as she goes and finish what she starts....but I love her  ;) ::) 8)
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Quote from: tedda on December 27, 2007, 12:39:33 AM
Personal: lose 60+lbs

You know, this may sound corny, but watch Biggest Loser.  I find it very inspirational and learn a lot of facts regarding weight loss, physical fitness and all around health.  Seriously, you may want to even visit the show's website.
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Personal:  Better toned body, lose some excess fat in the midsection.

CAP:  Finish ops building renovations project I started; add new recruits to the CP; gain one new senior member for CP; keep our aircraft flying as much as possible; refine new cadet training curriculum; finally get on top of all of our supply & inventory stuff.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Camas

CAP - achieve Level V and get my Wilson. My original goal when I first joined seven years ago was to complete Level III and I've done that.  Attend RSC at Nellis AFB NV this spring.

Personal - lose some weight.  I can wear military uniforms but I'm pushing the limit now and that needs to change.

Career - I'm retired now; a goal in itself.

flyguy06

CAP Goal: Attend either SER RSC, National Power Academy as a Flight Instructor and NESA MAS, Get a Squadron Command

Military Goal: make Captain in the Army National Guard

Civilan Goal: Be sitting in the right seat of a regional Jet

flyerthom

I made a resolution in 1990 to never make another news years resolution. It's the only one I've ever kept   >:D

QuoteAttend RSC at Nellis AFB NV this spring.

Do it! It's one of the best things I've done in CAP.
TC

♠SARKID♠

CAP: Make GTL, earn my Mitchel, start flying again

Other: Get General Class ham license, read more books

Life: Take more risks, get out of the house more often, be more spontaneous, find the courage to start a relationship, and get closer to my dad.

CadetProgramGuy

Physical:  Lose about 15 pounds, get into better shape

Career: Earn Certification for Public Safety Officers, Finish all those pesky FEMA IS tests, finish EMT-B School, start college in new major in fall (Emergency Management)

CAP: Hand off Cadet Programs to someone else, rescue the supply chain in logistics, possibly headed up a region supply depot, goto Blue Beret or Region Staff school.

Family: Be a better husband, better dad, and better dog owner.

dwb

I don't do New Year's Resolutions.

However, I do have some goals that just happen to be coming up for completion in 2008, so I'll list those:

- Complete Level IV (working on SOS now)
- Guide all five squadrons in our Group, and the Group HQ, through a self-assessment

- Pay off my car, and use that money to accelerate the payment of some other debt instead of blowing it on stupid crap.
- Keep the weight off that I lost this fall, maybe lose a little more.
- Get back in a plane and log some hours.

JAFO78

My resolution for the New Year.

Personal  Be a better Husband, and Father. Working on this one for 22 years. Lose 50 lbs more.

Work  Decided to stay at Disney and give up trying to get back to working at an airline - catering.  Been at Disney almost a year and still looking for a job I like.

CAP  rejoin after a 10 years, and start a squadron in Kissimmee, Fla.  8)
JAFO

KFreeman

Goal for 2008: to make to December 26th when I will reach 77yrs age (It's all about me...)

OH yeah, I must submit next years waiver (age) in SDF.

Then its time to get my 3rd class medical for my pilots license and USCGAux Aircrew.

Hope you all have a Great New Year!

Regards,
Ken
Authentic Antique Aviator

Walkman

Quote from: dwb on December 27, 2007, 01:10:30 PM
I don't do New Year's Resolutions.

Me neither. I have goals for the year, though.

Personal:
• I'm building a daily reading and study habit
• Improved productivity and organization (got a system, now to get it ingrained into a habit)

Business:
• 2 new clients every 90 days
• Finish my advertising/marketing book in Q1

CAP:
• Finish PA tech rating (everything but TIS before I get 2nd Lt.)
• Scanner qualified
• GTM3, then GTM1 at NESA

mikeylikey

2008 goal........give up soda pop for good.  I gave it up almost 15 years ago, and had a "relapse" this past year.  Got to get back on the wagon.  Also, I plan on traveling more this coming year.  I want to make it back west (Texas, Oklahoma, California) to visit friends. 

Military wise......I need to burn some leave up this year. 

Money wise....... Invest what I saved while I was overseas.  It just sits in my account at USAA collecting pennies. I have also been looking into opening a Chick-Fillet restaurant with my Army cash.  They only require $5,000 upfront, they buy the land, the building etc, and all they ask in return is for the owner/operator to pay them 7% a month net.  Plus they are closed on Sundays! 

Possible......get training for the Philly Marathon.  OR give up beer.  Haven't decided yet. 

What's up monkeys?

Capt M. Sherrod

My plan for the year is to "Have a GREAT 2008"

To do that, my goals are:

Personal:
* Start to lose the extra 60 pounds I have been carrying around for the past 10 years.
* Be a better husband, father, son, etc.
* Start making power payments to eliminate my debt

CAP:
* Complete Level 4 - Need RSC and TIS (Staff Position)
* Attain CUL, UDF, GTM3, MS qualifications.
* Start training replacements so I can entertain the idea of higher levels of command
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Hawk200

Made a New Years Resolution 11 years ago to never make another one. Stuck to it so far.

My immediate future is my RL progression on the Army Aviation side. Get ready for the deployment.

Been trying to lose some weight anyway, not something that needs to be a New Year thing.

Train a replacement in CAP. May work on what I can for my Level 4 while in the sandbox. Hope to get my second scanner ride, too. Had the first one this past January. Don't think I'll be able to get Observer before I leave

Other than that, try not to stress about little things.

Stonewall

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 27, 2007, 08:43:09 PMI have also been looking into opening a Chick-Fillet restaurant with my Army cash.  They only require $5,000 upfront, they buy the land, the building etc, and all they ask in return is for the owner/operator to pay them 7% a month net.  Plus they are closed on Sundays! 

Got a fellow NCO in my ANG unit that left being a Savannah cop after 12 years to open up a Budget rental car place.  Same thing as Chick-fil-A except they're open on Sundays.  Says they pay for everything, he just runs it and makes 10% of every dollar.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Quote from: 1st Lt M. Sherrod on December 27, 2007, 08:45:22 PM
* Start making power payments to eliminate my debt

While being a full-time college student and working full-time only making about $30K a year (96 to 01), I accrued a decent sized debt, mostly because of colloge costs and cost of living in the DC area.  I never missed a payment but making minimum payments, as everyone knows, doesn't cut the mustard.  I owed like $20K in credit cards, student loan and an IRS debt.  Being an independent contractor for the gov't and trying to pay taxes quarterly took some getting used to.  Anyway, I saw an Oprah show that talked about debt and called Consumer Credit Counseling Services.  Now there's a whole bunch of them.  But in 2 years I had it all paid off.  They contact your creditors, the IRS and everything; consolidate your paymets to one low monthly payment and  there you go.  In fact, some creditors lowered the interest to 0%.

Just some FYI from a BTDT in that area.  Since then, been debt free, minus car payment and mortgage.  That was 7 years ago.
Serving since 1987.