Main Menu

Good on ya Iowa Wing

Started by Stonewall, August 20, 2007, 07:37:14 PM

Stonewall

A bit out of the norm for topics, but I was cruising google for "CAP" and found the Iowa Wing News page.  Two good things I'm going to comment on here.

1.  The PAO or whoever posted these pictures, did an excellent job of keeping riff-raff out of the pictures.

2.  Overall, the uniforms and equipment all look IAW 39-1.  Even though it's tough to look good with so many different uniform options, the wing does a good job of wearing either BBDUs or BDUs, or blues and aviator shirt.  It looks like those who are wearing BBDUs are simply out of groom regs, aka they have facial hair.  No problem with that in my book.

I know it's the small things that make me happy and proud, but dern it, when I see things like this, I want to flaunt it.

No bashing of photos in anyone's response.  I'm sure there are some uniform discrepencies, but I'm here to talk about the positive, not the negative...

http://www.iawg.cap.gov/news.asp
Serving since 1987.

Skyray

Outstanding portfolio!  I agree, they mostly look tip-top.  I was gratified to see Chief Master Sergeant Chiafos finally, after getting into so many discussions with him on military.com.  And there were several pictures of the legendary Rex Glasgow, albeit as a Colonel and not a General.  I even saw a whole bunch of names that I recognize from the boards here.  Iowa has positive effect on the organization beyond their size.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

arajca

Looks well done.

ps. Where can I get copies of the posters in the Gov. conf. display?

isuhawkeye

You like those. 

An Iowa wing member works for a print shop (one of those lost members who we found recently).  He developed those, as well as some hand outs. 
Cyclone may be able to get you a copy of them.

Nick Critelli

Here's the awesome Chief.  Cadet program guy is on the left.
Enjoy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mikeylikey

All they have is good set of eyes looking over the photos before they post!  Too bad all pictures posted all over the internet regarding CAP are not double checked. 
What's up monkeys?

isuhawkeye

you'll notice that I never make it into pictures. 

I assume its because I look horrible in uniform. 

>:D

Nick Critelli

You asked for it.  isuhawkeye is on the left. I'll let him explain what he is doing.

Skyray

He appears to be baptising himself.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

isuhawkeye

ooff

this picture again.....

there were to many trips to the grog bowl that fine evening

CadetProgramGuy

and a second trip, and a third......

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: isuhawkeye on August 20, 2007, 10:41:04 PM
ooff

this picture again.....

See what you have to do is go to http://diy.despair.com/motivator.php  upload your picture of choice......Fill in a few words....and save the result....

CadetProgramGuy

Like this

ddelaney103

I wish each of the entries was accompanied by the "5 W's" - this page covers years of events.

afgeo4

Anyone know why the CCMSgt isn't wearing chevrons with stars in them? Are they authorized?

If they aren't, I think there should be some rethinking of the NCO uniform policy to allow for such. Also to allow for 1st Sgt position within CAP as units with multiple NCO's could use it (and I know the unit commanders could too).

To me, the CCMSgt in CAP is equivalent to CMSgt of the Air Force. He's the highest enlisted ranking person in CAP and that's pretty important and I think should be identified.
GEORGE LURYE

cyclone

Thanks CadetProgramGuy... Another addiction for me...

afgeo4

Are subdued chevrons not authorized on BDU's for our NCO's?
GEORGE LURYE

isuhawkeye

Most of the NCO's that I have worked with wear the colored ones. 

They think it fits the look of our uniform better.

I have met one Staff Seargent form flowida who wore the subdued ones

cyclone

ooff

this picture again.....

"Mr. Vice! Point of order!  isuhawkeye may be in a fog, but he is complaining about his trips to our glorious grog.   I suggest we send him let him have another taste, so that he will not make such outrageous comments in his haste"

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: cyclone on August 21, 2007, 03:54:03 PM
ooff

this picture again.....

"Mr. Vice! Point of order!  isuhawkeye may be in a fog, but he is complaining about his trips to our glorious grog.   I suggest we send him let him have another taste, so that he will not make such outrageous comments in his haste"

^^^Taps spoon on table in agreement