Main Menu

Poll for Cadets (ONLY)

Started by Stonewall, March 12, 2013, 06:45:45 PM

What are you most interested in?

Drill & Ceremonies (drill team, color guard, uniforms).
8 (40%)
All things aviation & aerospace (o-rides, model rocketry, flight sims).
7 (35%)
Emergency Services (ground team, bivouacs, missions base, comms).
12 (60%)
Getting promoted (you want your Mitchell, Earhart, Eaker, Spaatz!).
11 (55%)
None of the above...Please discuss
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Stonewall

This poll is to satisfy my curiosity only.  But I really do want cadets to answer up rather than seniors telling me what they think/want/experience. 

I've granted the option of two choices in case you like two things equally.  In the squadrons I've been in, we've ALWAYS been heavily focused on emergency services, both cadet and seniors alike.  With my recent return to "active status" I'm wondering if it's just a locality thing or an across the board kind of thing.  Don't get me wrong, I support all facets of the cadet program equally, but as far as preference is concerned, I lean heavily towards ES.  I've got some cadets who are eager to get involved, but it doesn't seem as popular as it used to be.

Seniors:  Feel free to post/reply, but please don't vote.
Serving since 1987.

Huey Driver

"None of the above...Please discuss"

This was one of my choices. I'd consider experiences in the CP its own category. Outside of just promoting and personal goals of the program, I like the "whole experience", meaning encampments, CLS's, CAC, NCSA's, etc, all of the activities there are to support CP. I love attending and/or staffing these activities and being challenged both physically, mentally, and professionally, along with meeting other cadets out there doing the same thing. Participating in these activities is one of my favorite parts of CAP.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Flying Pig

Darn age discrimination.......

OldGuard

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 12, 2013, 08:56:39 PM

You are just in it for the ribbons  >:D
Eaker#000 Earhart #8175 Mitchell#21034

DJN245

Stonewall, I respect your interest in what the cadets are most interested in (and, hence what is keeping them in/interested in the program). I am assuming that you are asking for the purposes of tailoring your squadron to the desires of the general cadet population (correct me if I am wrong about that), and I respect you for it, many seniors that I have come across in the five years that I have been a cadet wouldn't care, they would just carry about as they always have(far to often for the reason that "that is the way things were done when I was a cadet").

If your reason for asking this question is because you are trying to improve your squadron, then I encourage you to completely ignore whatever results you get from this poll, and simply ask the same question of your squadron to see what they are truly interested in. You will never lose the respect of cadets by asking them what they want to do.

To answer your main question though, I answered immediately with ES, and I would rescind that answer and replace it with ES/Other. I would have answered with "other" as I have been heavily involved with cadet leadership throughout my cadet career, and I think that as a senior member I will be as well. There is, in my humble opinion, no better feeling in CAP, with the exception of a live saving "find", than to see a young cadet mature with your help from a person with almost no ability or desire to follow simple instructions (and no real desire to do anything but go home and play xbox), into an individual that can walk into a room of his or her peers and instantly command their respect and with them, accomplish whatever necessary without having to be told to do so in the first place (in simpler words, on their own initiative). That is probably one of the two reasons why I am still in CAP.

Flying Pig

Quote from: OldGuard on March 13, 2013, 07:53:12 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on March 12, 2013, 08:56:39 PM

You are just in it for the ribbons  >:D

HAAAA.... Chicks Dig em'!!!   And Dont try and hide behind your sly screen name nasty Army dog!!!  I know who you are!!!>:D