Why do senior members do most of the fun work?

Started by nathan88, April 12, 2012, 09:31:28 PM

NIN

Years ago, I flew in the back seat on an O-ride when we had a cadet in the front seat. It was back when O-rides could be flown in member-owned aircraft, and there were no such things as "front-seat/back-seat" rides.  We had one cadet left who needed a flight.  I'd been wrangling flight schedules all day, so I said "I'm gonna go fly.."  It didn't matter if the back seat was filled or not, as it did not count toward any kind of a ride then for O-flight completion.

Then again, I took great fun in doing things as a senior that are specifically prohibited from being cadet activities. I figure "If cadets can't do it, someone has to."

:)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

EMT-83

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on April 27, 2012, 12:04:49 AM
Quote from: CAP_Marine on April 26, 2012, 08:35:32 PM
We (seniors) get to go on O flights now? Rock on! All this time I was wasting my time and energy during SAREX's getting in training sorties when I could have just been flying around for funsies.  ::)

Well, i'm not positive you can. i'm almost sure you can though! (at least at my squadron!) so, check with your squadron before you do anything.  ;) :P

A quick read of the rules will show that seniors are not allowed on O-flights, except for very limited reasons.

Back before this changed, I rode in the back seat during one of my son's flight. I was proud of him being at the controls of that glass cockpit beauty. Then I thought a bit more - holy crap, he's flying this thing, what was I thinking!

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: EMT-83 on April 27, 2012, 01:59:40 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on April 27, 2012, 12:04:49 AM
Quote from: CAP_Marine on April 26, 2012, 08:35:32 PM
We (seniors) get to go on O flights now? Rock on! All this time I was wasting my time and energy during SAREX's getting in training sorties when I could have just been flying around for funsies.  ::)

Well, i'm not positive you can. i'm almost sure you can though! (at least at my squadron!) so, check with your squadron before you do anything.  ;) :P

A quick read of the rules will show that seniors are not allowed on O-flights, except for very limited reasons.

Back before this changed, I rode in the back seat during one of my son's flight. I was proud of him being at the controls of that glass cockpit beauty. Then I thought a bit more - holy crap, he's flying this thing, what was I thinking!

Lol! That's what I was thinking when my brother was flying it, and I was in the back seat!  :P

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!