Main Menu

EBL-1000

Started by arajca, November 25, 2008, 06:06:30 PM

arajca

I recently recovered an EBL-1000 Emergency Beacon Locator for a retired member. Before passing it on to a unit, I'd like to find a manual for it, since it is significantly different from the standard L'per. This unit has several aerials, including what appears to be a vehicle mount set.

Does anyone have a manual for one of these they could email? Or snail mail and I'll scan it and return?

Thank you

cowg.dok@comcast.net

PS. Google came up with pages of links to blenders, fire alarm systems, and medical information, but no locators.

JoeTomasone

Can you give us some more information on it?  Manufacturer, manufacture date, etc?  Any details would be helpful to try and find one for you.

arajca

Manufacturer: Clue Finder International, Inc. Google revealed they are no longer in business.

No date on the unit. It has a switch for 121.5 and 121.6. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

Thanks

JoeTomasone

Quote from: arajca on November 26, 2008, 02:05:17 AM
Manufacturer: Clue Finder International, Inc. Google revealed they are no longer in business.

Too bad; I know a lot of people who need a clue.    ;D

I'll see what I can dig up.

sardak

Ah hah! Clue Finders International out of Albuquerque, NM. They bought out the supply of aircraft radios from a manufacturer and converted them to DF units. I didn't know EBL-1000 was the model number.

The owners of CFI were also involved with the National ELT Team (NELT) out of ABQ.  Between them they came up with the interferometer for the L-Per and several other mods to an L-Per including the microvolt scale, the battery test switch and I believe one or two other mods. This created some issues with L-Tronics which wouldn't repair L-Pers modified by CFI/NELT. L-Tronics incorporated these mods into later units and starting selling an interferometer.

NELT also tried to convince other states to utilize them on ELT searches. I won't say anything more on that.

Somewhere I have a couple of DF studies published by CFI/NELT, but I couldn't find them in the most likely spots.

Here is a year old link with a brief history of NELT by one of its members. You might contact the blog owner:
http://w9wsw.com/?p=23

Rick Goodman is a former owner of CFI, a retired NM State SAR Coordinator and currently owner of a SAR training company.  His contact info:
Rick@SearchAndRescueTraining.com

Mike