The Pararescue orientation Course

Started by ranger0305, April 06, 2015, 03:58:39 PM

ranger0305

Has Anyone been to the Pararescue Orientation Course? I'm Planning on going to NBB next year but I've read this one is great too. Might just have to go the year after next. ;D I'm just looking for peoples stories about it. (what activities do you do, and stuff like that).
Thanks.
"IT'S BETTER TO DIE FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING, THAN TO LIVE FOR NOTHING." 

C/MSgt
GTM3
MRO*
FLM*

MSG Mac

Haven't been to it but I do know that it's highly physically challenging. If you're passing the CPFT at or close to the minimums you should start practicing now. The site is in the Rocky Mountains at an altitude of about 6,000 feet.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

GroundHawg

I went many years ago when it was still being held at Ft. Knox. It kicked my butt. I went to Army basic training the following summer and am still convinced that PJOC was more physically demanding. This course is not for the faint of heart.

A.Member

Quote from: ranger0305 on April 06, 2015, 03:58:39 PM
Has Anyone been to the Pararescue Orientation Course? I'm Planning on going to NBB next year but I've read this one is great too. Might just have to go the year after next. ;D I'm just looking for peoples stories about it. (what activities do you do, and stuff like that).
Thanks.
Use the search function on this site and you'll get some answers.  I will tell you this, it's no NBB.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

ranger0305

Thanks for the replies. A.Member I wasn't expecting it to be anything like NBB. I Hope to be a USAF CCT someday soon and hoped this would give me a little taste of the training. I will search the forum, I should have done that in the first place.

Thanks,
Andrew.
"IT'S BETTER TO DIE FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING, THAN TO LIVE FOR NOTHING." 

C/MSgt
GTM3
MRO*
FLM*

GroundHawg

abdsp51

PJOC is usually held at Kirtland AFB with APJOC held at Davis-Monthan AFB.  Last year PJOC was held at Davis-Monthan.  There is a CCOC that was held on the east coast a couple years ago and may be something for you to look into.

A.Member

Quote from: abdsp51 on April 07, 2015, 09:30:55 PM
PJOC is usually held at Kirtland AFB with APJOC held at Davis-Monthan AFB.  Last year PJOC was held at Davis-Monthan.  There is a CCOC that was held on the east coast a couple years ago and may be something for you to look into.
Last year there were 2 PJOC courses, one at Kirtland and one at D-M (first time).  This year, PJOC will be at Kirtland with APJOC at D-M. 

Kirtland hosts PJOC annaully.  The team at D-M is currently working a biannual cycle between PJOC and APJOC.

Unfortunately, CCOC is no longer offered (cancelled a couple years ago).  It was a local sponsorsed activity, not a NCSA.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

zacharyhilmer101

Do you guys think we should upgrade our BDUs to something more modern?? All the branches are, so I think it would be a nice move.

MSG Mac

Air Force and NHQ have already ruled that BDU's are the uniform for CAP. The DOD has begun formulating a new common utility uniform for all services, maybe when that is accomplished CAP will  get a new uniform.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

sarmed1

a few thoughts:

1-not on topic (not even a little)

2-try the search feature to find the right place for your question (and it has been asked answered, asked, asked again in most cases skewerd.... but please search and enjoy)

3-but in case you dont:  no not really, and on a far left field, maybe sort of could be related, AFSOC and CSAR personnel wear the uniform most appropriate to the situation/environment anyway....

but pretty sure still not related (but thanks for picking up the mantra of every CAPtalk thread eventually turns into a uniform thread)

MK
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel