Two encampments in one year?

Started by Hunter, June 16, 2011, 02:11:10 AM

Hunter

Is it possible to attend two encampments in one year? I just did the spring encampment and I now want to go to the ATS. I looked all over the internet and found nothing.

MIKE

Sure you can.  You can even do multiple basic encampments if you can't get into advanced courses.
Mike Johnston

1LtNurseOfficer

KSWG has a winter encampment which will include ATS.  See http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13176.0.

Eclipse

You can go to as many encampments as your calendar and wallet will allow, though at some point your commander
may have an opinion (and he's got to approve your participation).

Assuming they aren't the same venue and staff, every encampment has different activities, classes, and culture.

"That Others May Zoom"

GroundHawg

We had a cadet go to 5-6 in one summer wiwac. Her dad worked for an airline, she flew from encampment to encampment pretty much all summer. Still couldnt understand why until the points for cadet of the year were added up....

CAPC/officer125

I have done 2 encampments in year-2007 NCR and 2007 KSWG. Definitely different experiences since NCR was the first out-of-state activity and encampment that I had done and at KSWG I was attending for the 3rd time. Like others have said, it is up to your parents, their wallets (unless they make you pay), and time. Your commander (at any level) may look at you a little weird if they are within a short amount of time, but go for it. The more, the merrier in my book.

C/LtCol Temaat
7 encampments, 2 NCSAs, 5 1/2 years
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander