Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

jimmydeanno

[PERSONAL COMMENTARY]  I thought that this thread was created in the spirit of community development.  A place where we can post pictures of ourselves doing what we enjoy doing (with exception) and a place to put a (screen)name with a face.

While I can understand the "joy" in pointing out all these uniform discrepancies, do we really want to take this thread and turn it into a mocking session? 

I mean, someone joins the board, starts to feel comfortable in posting their opinions and experience, then decides that they want to become more invovled and posts a picture.  The response isn't - hey I know you, great to see you again, but DUDE! WTF is up with your uniform, and it becomes a mockery session.

I think that there is probably more appropriate ways to "inform" people of their uniform issues in their photos without making them the laughing stock of the internet (PM system possible???).

With that in mind...

Here is one of my me and my wife on a cruise last January (08).
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Here is a picture of me and my 13year old cousin trying to hold the cathedral in Strasbourg/France. My other cousin is at college there...... We always have a good time being at his student dorm  :-)

Bye bye for now and all the best form Europe.

Tags removed, no image url between tags - MIKE
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

Matt

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on June 12, 2008, 12:51:05 AM
Quote from: Cmdbuddy on June 11, 2008, 08:20:04 PM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 24, 2008, 07:53:45 AM
Gettin the groove on - Cha Cha Slide "how low can you go?"

I hope you didn't hurt yourself doing that....

Nope, I'm too young to throw my back out  :)

... I'm not.  :(
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

jb512

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 12, 2008, 11:44:36 AM
[PERSONAL COMMENTARY]  I thought that this thread was created in the spirit of community development.  A place where we can post pictures of ourselves doing what we enjoy doing (with exception) and a place to put a (screen)name with a face.

While I can understand the "joy" in pointing out all these uniform discrepancies, do we really want to take this thread and turn it into a mocking session? 

I mean, someone joins the board, starts to feel comfortable in posting their opinions and experience, then decides that they want to become more invovled and posts a picture.  The response isn't - hey I know you, great to see you again, but DUDE! WTF is up with your uniform, and it becomes a mockery session.

I think that there is probably more appropriate ways to "inform" people of their uniform issues in their photos without making them the laughing stock of the internet (PM system possible???).

With that in mind...

Here is one of my me and my wife on a cruise last January (08).

It's really not joy that prompts us to point out these issues with uniforms, it's more like disdain, disappointment, or any host of other negative feelings.  If someone posts a picture of them in a jacked up uniform on here it means that they're walking around in public looking the same way.  That doesn't make any of us happy.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: jaybird512 on August 25, 2008, 09:20:54 PM
[It's really not joy that prompts us to point out these issues with uniforms, it's more like disdain, disappointment, or any host of other negative feelings.  If someone posts a picture of them in a jacked up uniform on here it means that they're walking around in public looking the same way.  That doesn't make any of us happy.

Ok...I think we can express our disdain for each other in a more civil manner.  ;D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

jb512

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 25, 2008, 09:28:51 PM
Quote from: jaybird512 on August 25, 2008, 09:20:54 PM
[It's really not joy that prompts us to point out these issues with uniforms, it's more like disdain, disappointment, or any host of other negative feelings.  If someone posts a picture of them in a jacked up uniform on here it means that they're walking around in public looking the same way.  That doesn't make any of us happy.

Ok...I think we can express our disdain for each other in a more civil manner.  ;D

I didn't see anything that was inappropriate.  If someone got their feelings hurt from the posts that have been made, then they need far more help then we can give them.

Anyway, this thread has been alive for a long time.  I'm not going to be the one to get the lock-happies involved.  I'm done.

hatentx

{SINGING} "CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT" {SINGING}

Come one everybody sing along!!!
Everybody loves Elton John

alamrcn

QuoteEverybody loves Elton John

THAT thread already got locked!

I'm in the picture below, can you guess which one is me?

I'll post the correct answer later!

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Matt on August 25, 2008, 07:10:50 PM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on June 12, 2008, 12:51:05 AM
Quote from: Cmdbuddy on June 11, 2008, 08:20:04 PM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 24, 2008, 07:53:45 AM
Gettin the groove on - Cha Cha Slide "how low can you go?"

I hope you didn't hurt yourself doing that....

Nope, I'm too young to throw my back out  :)

... I'm not.  :(

But you'll never be too old to close Wolski's, and that's all that matters.

Quote from: alamrcn on August 25, 2008, 11:32:22 PM

I'm going to guess its the one without the female style earrings on?  :)

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: alamrcn on August 25, 2008, 11:32:22 PM

Also the one without the tattoo sleeves......(not 39-1)

alamrcn

Yup, I'm the cadaver on the slab. At least that's what it looks like, don't it? I was getting what I call my "Daddy Dog Tags"...

However, I would look good in those earings.  :-* heh

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

FlyingTerp

Here I am with the O-1 Bird Dog on static display at NHQ.

...thought the 'ol Bird Dog looked better in yellow.

NIN

I haven't posted a pic or two in awhile:

Five of the six folks in that photo are on CAPTalk, I think :)  This is what happens when you let a bunch of CAP guys loose in the Reston, VA area. Unsupervised.

Oops, wrong uniform and rank... ;)

Darn it, wrong uniform again!  (although 5 of the 7 are CAP folks)

Me teaching my little guy to skate (yeah, that helmet was a tad big on him..)

Me and another CAPTalk'er outside of the Mecca of the East.

Not often you get to meet a legend.

It ain't quite freefall, but it feels like it.

Man, I keep meeting these legendary guys...

Scouts out!

This is what you get when you ask Tedda to photoshop your head on the guy from Top Gun with a Terrence & Phillip-style animated mouth. (long story, don't ask)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Oh yeah..

Me with another CAPTalk guy...

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Stonewall

And this is pre-alcohol...
Quote from: NIN on September 01, 2008, 02:37:27 PM

Who's that guy holding himself up on my poster?
Quote from: NIN on September 01, 2008, 02:37:27 PM
Me with another CAPTalk guy...
Serving since 1987.

dwb

Quote from: NIN on September 01, 2008, 02:36:12 PM
Me and another CAPTalk'er outside of the Mecca of the East.

Easily my most favorite trip to New Jersey.  Quick Stop, sliders, and nearly getting kicked out of a restaurant for being too rowdy... good times.

MitchCat

These were taken this afternoon, when my Shirt took me and a friend up for a 1 1/2 hour cross-country training flight with his instructor.  He said he took us up because "we kicked butt at encampment".  Oorah.  The two landings that Shirt did were the absolute best he'd ever done, and he and his instructor were pleased as punch. 
Me looking kinda scary in the back of the Cessna 172.  "I killed a man.... With this thumb!"

This is the plane we took up, which just so happens to be the same one that Shirt first soloed in.

The view of some part of Puget Sound.  Wow!!! Sunshine on Puget Sound? You gotta see it to believe it :)
Catherine "Cat" G. Sedy, C/TSgt, CAP
Bravo Flight Sergeant
Peninsula Composite Squadron, PCR-WA-051
Encampment Honor Cadet, CFXIII Summer 2008
Ground and Urban Direction Finding Team Task O-0102-3-f: ...Sleep whenever possible.

♠SARKID♠

Me during the wing Brewers game outing yesterday, sporting my new Prince Fielder jersey (because I couldn't find a Ryan Braun one  :'()

IceNine

Couldn't find the cubbies either huh? ;)

Wing Baseball outing?  I want one!!!
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Pylon

Quote from: IceNine on September 02, 2008, 08:18:34 PM
Wing Baseball outing?  I want one!!!

We have a Group baseball outing each year on Armed Forces Day.  Free tix for all members, friends and family members.  Sadly, very few people (comparatively) come out for it.   :'(
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP