2015 CAP National Conference hotel sold out?

Started by Laplace, June 16, 2015, 10:35:53 PM

Laplace

I noticed the link was missing the other day to register at the WDW Swan and Dolphin resort.  I just called and was told that the CAP rate was sold out for all nights and certain days during the conference had no availability.  :'(

Has anybody heard about overflow hotels?

MSG Mac

Just called them, The Swan says they are expecting CAP to announce the alternate hotel within the next few days. But instead of waiting I reserved at Shades of Green $105/night, No Taxes, No Fees. You will need a military ID. I also found a Sheraton about 2 miles away for less than $100+taxes, Resort fee, etc.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Al Sayre

There are numerous off property hotels about 10 minutes away in Kissimmee and St Cloud that were about half the price of the Disney hotels the last time I was there.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Laplace

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 17, 2015, 11:28:30 AM
There are numerous off property hotels about 10 minutes away in Kissimmee and St Cloud that were about half the price of the Disney hotels the last time I was there.

Thanks.  Done that before on vacations, but am just going to the Conference and didn't plan on getting a rental car.   I saw last night that NHQ addressed the issue with a blast email and will wait and see what they propose for overflow hotels.

I guess they were way off on estimating the number of attendees....... 

MSG Mac

Most if not all the hotels have some kind of shuttle to DW.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Laplace

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 17, 2015, 02:11:56 PM
Most if not all the hotels have some kind of shuttle to DW.

But, to the Dolphin and Swan resort?

kwe1009

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 17, 2015, 12:21:56 AM
Just called them, The Swan says they are expecting CAP to announce the alternate hotel within the next few days. But instead of waiting I reserved at Shades of Green $105/night, No Taxes, No Fees. You will need a military ID. I also found a Sheraton about 2 miles away for less than $100+taxes, Resort fee, etc.

If you have a military ID or even a friend with a military ID then you may be able to find a place through the Armed Forces Vacation Club (www.afvclub.com).  They are all unused timeshares offered to the military and their family and friends.  The cost is less than $400 for an entire week.  We have a place that is less than 10 minutes from the conference.  Much nicer than a hotel.  Multiple rooms, full kitchen, and washer and dryer.

Гугл переводчик

Quote from: kwe1009 on June 17, 2015, 04:31:30 PM

If you have a military ID or even a friend with a military ID then you may be able to find a place through the Armed Forces Vacation Club (http://www.afvc.com). 

Correction, it should be www.afvclub.com, as the website you provided takes me too a phishing website for some reason...
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

kwe1009

Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on June 17, 2015, 04:57:25 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on June 17, 2015, 04:31:30 PM

If you have a military ID or even a friend with a military ID then you may be able to find a place through the Armed Forces Vacation Club (http://www.afvc.com). 

Correction, it should be www.afvclub.com, as the website you provided takes me too a phishing website for some reason...

Sorry about that.  I was going from memory.

lordmonar

I've got a timeshare about 15 minutes from the swan.

I've booked it for 23-30 Aug....It sleeps up to 8 (3 rooms and a couch).

I got one of the rooms.

If anyone else needs a room/couch cheap PM me.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MSG Mac

Quote from: lordmonar on June 18, 2015, 02:47:49 AM
I've got a timeshare about 15 minutes from the swan.

I've booked it for 23-30 Aug....It sleeps up to 8 (3 rooms and a couch).

I got one of the rooms.

If anyone else needs a room/couch cheap PM me.

Now you tell me! I reserved at Shades of Green yesterday.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

lordmonar

Okay.....I just got a take for one of the rooms.....I got one room and the couch bed left.

$180 for the week.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP