official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

A3M0N

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on November 19, 2011, 02:07:50 PM
What specific intel AFSC are you looking to get in to?

I'm shooting for 1N0.  My window opens up Nov2012, so I'll be wearing Staff at the time and that will make it easier to get picked up.

Richie Anderson, SrA, USAF -- F-15C/D/E Crew Chief

Tim Medeiros

Cool, congrats by the way on Staff
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

A3M0N

Richie Anderson, SrA, USAF -- F-15C/D/E Crew Chief

denverpilot

Good evening,

Mostly a lurker here on CAPTalk, but figured I should "get on with it" at least as far as an introductory posting... been reading CAPTalk as a guest far far longer than I've had a login.   8)

Was a CAP member in the early 1990's, left for a number of years, came back older, wiser, and ... wait... I came back... well, maybe scratch that wiser part! :D  :P

Currently serving as a Squadron Communications Officer, a Wing Communications Engineering Officer, and just taught my first BCUT/ACUT class today, along with holding a Mission Scanner Rating, along with never seeming to have time to even get a Form 5 done, and working on various other stuff... always something to do to keep busy!

Also co-own an LLC that owns a nice 1975 Cessna 182 P with a Robertson STOL kit, and find myself sneaking off to my hangar and just going flying instead of finishing up the Form 5.  Having keys in your pocket makes it far too easy to do. 

And I'm pretty sure my nickname will probably give away which Wing I serve in, but hey... you never know. ;)

Thanks for the forum, certainly a lot of activity here. 

Okay, back to Squadron and class paperwork!  Gotta keep those students flowing through the system...

DenverPilot

p.s. I tried to post this a few days ago via Tapatalk and it said I wasn't authorized... I have a feeling I may have missed some important instruction somewhere.  Or does an admin have to turn that on?  Either way, Tapatalk is how I keep up with virtually all of the online forums these days.  Great tool for killing "free time" waiting in lines, etc... Thanks in advance for any info on why that might not be working for posting yet.  (Works for reading! Maybe Tapatalk is just being a good Communications example... more listening, less transmitting... )

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: A3M0N on November 19, 2011, 08:46:32 PM
Quote from: Tim Medeiros on November 19, 2011, 06:07:55 PM
Cool, congrats by the way on Staff

Thanks! What do you do?
I'm a 3D032 out at Davis-Monthan, I've actually got a few 1N0s across the hallway from the office in which I work
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

OgreOwner

I am here.  There, I said it.

I am Captain Karl Peterson
Provo Composite Squadron, Utah Wing

I have been in CAP for many years, initially joined in 1987ish, currently asking for promotion to Major.

I have been in Utah and California Wings.  Have participated in 4 encampments.  Have more Commanders Commendation awards and Unit Citation awards than I like to think about.

I am currently in Professional Development and Mentoring new members.

I hope to be a resource and learn from the others here.

Salty

Thanks for your service and welcome aboard!
CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998

kratclif

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the CAPTalk forums for a few months and thought it was about time to introduce myself.

I was a cadet from 1995 to 2002 in IN-002 (Monroe County Composite Squadron) and IN-219 (Morgan County Cadet Squadron - I was one of the first members when the unit got its charter in 1998).

Recently (May 2011) I re-joined as a senior member in IN-002. Since I earned the Earhart as a cadet I got promoted to 1st Lt after completing Level 1.

My primary interests right now are Communications and Emergency Services. I'm a GTM3-T and MRO-T now and am working toward Mission Scanner Trainee. I attended NESA (GSAR Advanced) way back in 2000 and hope to attend Mission Aircrew School for Observer training this summer if time allows, especially since I'm only 50 miles from Camp Atterbury :)

Outside of CAP I volunteer with the local K9 SAR team. I don't have a dog but I do field support (navigation, communication, ICP staff, etc). I'm a Technician class ham radio operator, and I've completed a bunch of NASAR courses.

In my "real job" I'm a Network Administrator at Ivy Tech Community College in Bloomington, Indiana where I have worked since 2001.

I'm excited to be back as a member!

Kevin
Maj Kevin Ratcliff, CAP

parsimonious_instead

Went to a CAP meeting at HPN (only minutes away from me!)  - I liked what I saw... now it's just a matter of time and paperwork.  I'm not a pilot, but I'm interested in being a Mission Scanner or Mission Observer.
Blisters happen, calluses are earned.

JohnCFord

Hello, Ladies and Gentleman. I am Senior Member John C Ford of the SWR-OK-074 Composite Squadron, Norman, Oklahoma. I'm a 24 hr student pilot of Crabtree Aviation based at KGOK and have enjoyed my time very much at the squadron. My Duty assignment is the Assistant Professional Development Officer. Is there anyone else from Oklahoma that is a regular here at CAP Talk? Give me a shout!

Have a Merry Christmas.

SM John C. Ford
Assistant Professional Development Officer
SWR-OK-074
1st Lt John C. Ford

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cool Mace

Quote from: JohnCFord on December 26, 2011, 04:18:58 AM
Hello, Ladies and Gentleman. I am Senior Member John C Ford of the SWR-OK-074 Composite Squadron, Norman, Oklahoma. I'm a 24 hr student pilot of Crabtree Aviation based at KGOK and have enjoyed my time very much at the squadron. My Duty assignment is the Assistant Professional Development Officer. Is there anyone else from Oklahoma that is a regular here at CAP Talk? Give me a shout!

Have a Merry Christmas.

SM John C. Ford
SWR-OK-074

Hello, Mr. Ford.

I am also from OKWG. Edmond Composite Squadron OK-002.

I know a few members from you Sqd. including McHale and the Arnold's.
They have a great Sqd. and welcome to CAPTalk!

C/Lt Col Mason Huston
OK-002
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Cap'n

Hello Everyone! My name is Sarah, and I just joined the forums today. I've been in Civil Air Patrol for a little over 2 months, so for now I may just lurk around, maybe ask some questions. But from what I've seen so far, this seems like an awesome place. It's nice to meet you all, and have a happy New Year!

Al Sayre

Welcome Sarah!  You'll find a wealth of wisdom here, as well as a lot of crusty old wise guys. 
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

titanII

Quote from: Al Sayre on January 01, 2012, 10:55:29 PM
Welcome Sarah!  You'll find a wealth of wisdom here, as well as A LOT of crusty old wise guys.
FTFY  ;)  ;D
No longer active on CAP talk

Cap'n

Thank you, Sir! And haha I'm sure they're pretty awesome too (:

OMA

I'm Cadet Airman Basic Herman out of NY, just making sure everyone knows I'm here. This is my first 6 months of C.A.P. and it's pretty fun so far. I've got the best squad in CAP, it's a lot better than I expected, not to mention rubbing it in my older brother's face that I'm in the USAF auxiliary ;D.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

OMA

Thank you sir! Glad to see that there are a lot of people active on here.

JohnCFord

Quote from: Cool Mace on December 31, 2011, 11:37:05 PM
Quote from: JohnCFord on December 26, 2011, 04:18:58 AM

Have a Merry Christmas.

SM John C. Ford
SWR-OK-074

Hello, Mr. Ford.

I am also from OKWG. Edmond Composite Squadron OK-002.

I know a few members from you Sqd. including McHale and the Arnold's.
They have a great Sqd. and welcome to CAPTalk!

C/Lt Col Mason Huston
OK-002

Why thank you C/Lt Col Huston, I'm having a great time at the squadron. What airport is OK-002 based?

~J~
1st Lt John C. Ford