The Hock Shop hit with lawsuit?

Started by ctrossen, February 25, 2010, 05:52:01 PM

Zen Master Charlie

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on March 07, 2010, 05:56:56 AM
Putting it in the reg is not advertising, it's telling you what it has to look like.

On the ribbon rack, if it's wrong and you know it is, why put it up?

Also, please show me where I put you down. This isn't a popularity contest, just because you have "300" people in CAP who supposedly agree with you 100%, doesn't mean it's right.

I'm done... I don't know why I should have to prove myself to you, I am darn proud of my acheivments in this program, and I will always be greatful for the exeriance. I am loving all of the opportunities my SQ has offered, and all of the people I have met in this lovely program. I shouldnt have to prove how I feel about the program to other people. especially ones I have never met, on an internet forum.
"A lot of life is a lot of crap"

Майор Хаткевич

Maybe you should walkaway, you're either not reading or not trying. No one is trying to make you prove anything. I asked how something in a reg is advertising. You chose to ignore it. I asked other questions, you ignore them.

Cms.sloane

Are you guys serious fighting over a discussion board? And you guys call y'all selves cadets. In GA Wing we go fist to face or nothing at all. We don't figh over them Internet like pussies.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Cms.sloane on March 07, 2010, 06:15:58 AM
Are you guys serious fighting over a discussion board? And you guys call y'all selves cadets. In GA Wing we go fist to face or nothing at all. We don't figh over them Internet like pussies.

Ah, a new Cadet on CAPTalk.

Welcome, and how about you clean that post up?

This is a CIVIL discussion board. If you think your fist to face comment or any other part of your second post on CAPTalk adds to your credibility, be ready to be struck down in three, two, one...

SarDragon

Mr Caldwell, chillax. While your original comments might have had some merit, at this point you're just ranting and digging yourself a hole.

"Shoulder cords must be of the same style and shade stocked for CAP by Vanguard Industries (civilairpatrlstore.com)"

This is an example, not an advertisement. If what you buy from another source matches the item from Vanguard, then you've complied with the reg. The intent is to maintain uniformity. They set a standard, and you have to meet it. How you do so is up to you.

Did you ever think about the possibility that your alternate source might be getting their product from Vanguard and rebranding it? That happens all the time.

Did you bother to read the commentary about the various existing monopolies here in the US? If you want to mail something, guess what - it's USPS. Local utilities - one source. I think you get the idea. Vanguard  and CAP have a contract. It's up to both parties to honor the terms of that contract, and CAP's suit against The Hock Shop is part of that process, whether you like it or not. Ranting on here serves no useful purposes, and, like teaching a pig to sing, is annoying and a waste of time.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

Quote from: C/Caldwell on March 07, 2010, 05:54:35 AMBut yet still, it can not make me buy a specific thing from a specific place, unless the regs tell otherwise... but in this case its just a guideline. If 52-16 told me I had to buy from BK and no other restaurant for the rest of my life, I would not have joined.... simple as that
You are missing the point Mr. Caldwell.

CAP is not saying you have to buy from BK or Vanguard.......but it gave Vanguard the sole rights to sell certain item.  Items that CAP controls.   CAP does not control shoulder cords....so they only tell you to buy one like the one Vanguard sells.  CAP does not control BDU's so they can't tell you to buy from Vanguard.

But CAP controls the hat cookie, and CAP cut outs and rank insignia.  They are not telling you you can't buy them from the Hock shop.....they are telling the Hock shop they can't sell them.

Get it straight.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MIKE

Mike Johnston