Lifesaving Ribbon

Started by DBlair, July 02, 2009, 01:18:28 AM

DBlair

I vaguely remember back in the 1990s, the criteria for the Lifesaving ribbon essentially included that if you were on a mission where a life was saved, then members on the mission were awarded the ribbon and the GT doing the actual lifesaving effort were awarded the ribbon with the silver star.

I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the old regs regarding the exact wording of the requirements for this award from back then. There was a REDCAP mission during that time where a life was indeed saved, but only members of the good ol' boys club were put in for the award.

Thus, I was curious if anyone knows whether it is possible to personally file for it under the old criteria even though so much time has passed.

Thanks!
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Hawk200

I would honestly doubt it. There is no point in releasing new publications just to use old ones.

Then again, there's no point in releasing ICL's and not updating the reg eventually, either.

PA Guy

The reg didn't include everyone that signed into the mission including the guy who went for the doughnuts and coffee.  You had to be on the aircrew or ground team involved in the save.  The current reg requires that the application be submitted within 2 yrs of the incident.