Main Menu

The Uniform Team

Started by billford1, June 02, 2009, 12:05:36 AM

billford1

Does anybody know what the Uniform Team is up to? It would help to have an idea of what's being considered, and what's been ruled out.

Climbnsink

I'd vote for no change.  Everything in uniforms is as perfect as a committee is ever likely to be.   

Eclipse

Quote from: Climbnsink on June 02, 2009, 12:41:26 AM
I'd vote for no change.  Everything in uniforms is as perfect as a committee is ever likely to be.   

Far from it - while we don't need any more additional combos, we need a team to iron out the inconsistencies between regulations.

"That Others May Zoom"

CadetProgramGuy

I would volunteer to be in that committee,

I would eliminate uniforms.....well not all of them.....

BrandonKea

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on June 02, 2009, 03:54:31 AM

+1

I would LOVE to volunteer for that committee...
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Rotorhead

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on June 02, 2009, 03:54:31 AM

Me, too. We need to cut back on a few.

Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Larry Mangum

Col Merle Starr, is the head of the uniform committee. It has concluded its work and has presented its work for approval.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Always Ready

^That's excellent news! When will their work be released (if approved, of course)?

Larry Mangum

That I could not say, nor what changes they recommended,
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

davidsinn

Quote from: Who_knows? on June 02, 2009, 10:23:34 PM

Do you know their mandate? Just uniform changes or can we expect a complete 39-1 rewrite?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hawk200

Quote from: davidsinn on June 02, 2009, 10:43:41 PM
Quote from: Who_knows? on June 02, 2009, 10:23:34 PM

Do you know their mandate? Just uniform changes or can we expect a complete 39-1 rewrite?

I hope it's a rewrite. The old one has way too much missing.

Pylon

The Uniform Team hasn't 'concluded' it's work; it's an ongoing process.  Things continue to change, of course, as the committee's role evolves.  Some things are being worked on, including proposed rewrites to CAPM 39-1.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

BrandonKea

They need to do something to put an end to the Beret/Ranger Tab confusion to bed.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Major Carrales

How about some real instruction when the results come out?  If it is all that important an issue, then a mandatory section of all meeting should be instituted with policy enforcement at CAP activities.

If many of the so called "Uniform Nazis" would spend more time on the flightlines "grounding" uniform violators (as per the regulations) than posting on forums, maybe an end to the problem could be the resultant.

(note a degree of sarcasm mixed in with sincerity)
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on June 03, 2009, 03:36:05 AM..."grounding" uniform violators (as per the regulations)...

Hmmm.

People might start paying attention to details, if they don't get to do the "fun" stuff when they're not right with things.

BrandonKea

I can envision a CAP Uniform STAN/EVAL Team being born to do just that, enforce uniform standards at Encampments, NCSA's, etc.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Ozzy

Quote from: BrandonKea on June 03, 2009, 05:03:56 AM
I can envision a CAP Uniform STAN/EVAL Team being born to do just that, enforce uniform standards at Encampments, NCSA's, etc.

haha! NY Encampment already beat you to the gun  :P! We has a full cadet SET team WITH Senior Member supervision to do that! And enforce D&C, sleeping area alignments, C&C, knowledge, etc.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

BrandonKea

Quote from: Ozzy on June 03, 2009, 05:16:16 AM
Quote from: BrandonKea on June 03, 2009, 05:03:56 AM

haha! NY Encampment already beat you to the gun  :P! We has a full cadet SET team WITH Senior Member supervision to do that! And enforce D&C, sleeping area alignments, C&C, knowledge, etc.

Most encampments already have such a thing, I was a member of one several years ago.

I'm talking one purely for Uniforms, and one put together at perhaps a Regional level to enforce uniform standards.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

ColonelJack

Quote from: Who_knows? on June 02, 2009, 03:09:15 PM
Col Merle Starr, is the head of the uniform committee. It has concluded its work and has presented its work for approval.

If that's the same Merle Starr that I knew back in Georgia Wing in the 80s, he's a good man.  A darned good man.  He'll do a great job heading the uniform committee.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

davidsinn

Quote from: ColonelJack on June 03, 2009, 08:44:32 PM
Quote from: Who_knows? on June 02, 2009, 03:09:15 PM

If that's the same Merle Starr that I knew back in Georgia Wing in the 80s, he's a good man.  A darned good man.  He'll do a great job heading the uniform committee.

Jack

Anybody know what happened to Lt. Col. White? PM me if it's not fit for the public.

Edit: question answered
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn