Wear of specialty track badges

Started by RiverAux, February 07, 2009, 04:04:46 PM

Do you wear your senior member specialty track badge?

Yes
64 (75.3%)
No
21 (24.7%)

Total Members Voted: 85

SilverEagle2

I have 2 but only wear the one that correlates to my duty position and only on my service dress.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

CAPSGT

I typically wear my highest one (Master Admin) and whatever one corresponds most to what I'm doing at a given time.  PD if I'm working with my seniors, CP if I'm working with cadets, ES if I'm doing something ES related.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

jeders

Yes, I do wear my specialty badges, but only on my service dress. This is because when I wear short sleeve blues, I only wear my GT badge and Observer wings. Right now I wear my Tech ES and Tech CP badges, mostly because I don't have a badge for my Senior Admin rating. Starting next week I'll probably only wear CP since I'll have my command badge on also.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

dwb

Quote from: jeders on February 09, 2009, 07:10:53 PMStarting next week I'll probably only wear CP since I'll have my command badge on also.

Sucker!!!  ;D (Congrats)

jeders

Quote from: dwb on February 09, 2009, 07:35:01 PM
Quote from: jeders on February 09, 2009, 07:10:53 PMStarting next week I'll probably only wear CP since I'll have my command badge on also.

Sucker!!!  ;D (Congrats)

Thanks, I think.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: jeders on February 09, 2009, 07:55:25 PM
Quote from: dwb on February 09, 2009, 07:35:01 PM

Sucker!!!  ;D (Congrats)

Thanks, I think.

Abandon all hope all ye who take command!  >:D ;D :D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

ol'fido

Quote from: Gunner C on February 09, 2009, 07:03:41 AM
Quote from: jaybird512 on February 09, 2009, 06:53:19 AM
If they'd take the cartoon badges and change them into the silver crab claw style that the AF wears I'd probably wear mine.

I've never been a fan of the AF AFSC badges.  They started, IIRC, with security police and went berserk from there.

But aren't the crossed arrows of the Special Forces Branch on your signature block pretty much the same thing?
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

jb512

Quote from: olefido on February 10, 2009, 12:23:16 AM
If they'd take the cartoon badges and change them into the silver crab claw style that the AF wears I'd probably wear mine.

I've never been a fan of the AF AFSC badges.  They started, IIRC, with security police and went berserk from there.

But aren't the crossed arrows of the Special Forces Branch on your signature block pretty much the same thing?

Yeah, that's kind of comparable.  The AF gives the AFSC badges for the different jobs within the AF much like the army does for the lapel insignia on the Class A.

lordmonar

???

If you want to look to first causes...you got to go back to army days...with pilot wings, jump wings, bomber wings, Nav wings, gunner wings, air assult wings.

My job in the USAF was just as important as the pilot dropping the bombs on target....why do they get a badge and I don't?

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Gunner C

Quote from: olefido on February 10, 2009, 12:23:16 AM

How so? The army has branches, one of which used to the the Army Air Force.  Just about everything in the army is (other than operational stuff) decided at that level.  The Air Force doesn't have branches, it is one.

ol'fido

Apples....Oranges....Yadda...Yadda.....The Air Force could call them branches or it could call them career fields.  But they are still basically the same thing.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Gunner C

Quote from: olefido on February 11, 2009, 12:04:51 AM
Apples....Oranges....Yadda...Yadda.....The Air Force could call them branches or it could call them career fields.  But they are still basically the same thing.
Not even close.

Hawk200

Quote from: Gunner C on February 11, 2009, 05:04:06 AM
Quote from: olefido on February 11, 2009, 12:04:51 AM
Not even close.

Quite close, actually. An Air Force occupational badge indicates the same thing that Army branch insignia does, it's simply worn differently.

A Special Forces regimental insignia indicates that the wearer is in Career Management field 18. An Air Force enlisted medical badge (for example) indicates that the person is in a medical field, all of which AFSC's begin with a 4. Same concept, different execution.

Army "branch" insignia and Air Force occupational badges tell the same story, although not every badge authorized for wear on an Air Force uniform is related to a person's AFSC. The ones that aren't occupational specific the Army refers to as "special skill badges", jump wings being a prime example.

The only difference is that one military branch chooses to wear it only on it's service dress uniform, the other chooses to wear it on almost all of it's general wear uniforms. The Air Force simply adds the person's general skill level to it.

RogueLeader

I only wear one, out of the possible three that I am authorized(ie rated.)  I'm thinking about getting another one, but haven't decided yet.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340