Main Menu

Uniform contest

Started by SAR-EMT1, August 20, 2007, 03:45:08 PM

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Duke Dillio

Gotta love the old pickle suits...

This brings a tear to my eye.  Oh, the nastalgia...

SAR-EMT1

LAST CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
VOTING WILL BE THURSDAYish.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Fifinella

Here I am on my first actual SAR mission, learning why you should always have a uniform and your 24 hour pack in your trunk.  I got the call while I was at the gym...

Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Stonewall

Quote from: Fifinella on August 28, 2007, 05:44:41 AM
I got the call while I was at the gym...

You can tell.  Check out the definition in those legs...  :-*  >:D  :angel:
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

This is the most recent picture I have of me in service dress and since I'm wearing major epaulets, I'd say it's circa 2002.  Tells you how long it's been since I've worn them.  Heck, it was even before we started wearing nametags on our service dress again.  Guess it's time for an update.

Plenty of pics of me in BDUs though...

Serving since 1987.

brasda91

here's the one I was able to upload to e-services for my photo ID.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

pixelwonk

Ultimate Kirt and Ultimate Spicoli... Separated at birth?

Stonewall

Quote from: tedda on August 28, 2007, 07:15:17 PM

Ultimate Kirt and Ultimate Spicoli... Separated at birth?

You know how many people have equated me with Jeff Spicoli?  When I went into the Army I still had the surfer slang and twang.  Since moving back to Florida last year, I've taken up surfing again, hopefully without the mentality and twang of a burnt out surf rat.

Here's me after battling the 2' waves of Atlantic Beach.  A slow day, but a good day to use my 7' 4" fun board and practice getting my 205 lb butt up on my feet.  My surfboard was actually designed and crafted by my 12th Grade Zoology teacher, Roger Wood, a la "Wood Surfboards".

Serving since 1987.

SJFedor

Quote from: Stonewall on August 28, 2007, 05:49:21 AM
This is the most recent picture I have of me in service dress and since I'm wearing major epaulets, I'd say it's circa 2002.  Tells you how long it's been since I've worn them.  Heck, it was even before we started wearing nametags on our service dress again.  Guess it's time for an update.

Plenty of pics of me in BDUs though...

Hey Kirt, I've been meaning to ask, what's the badge you got beneath your ribbons there?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Stonewall

Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) ID badge.  It's a temporary badge worn by folks serving under the OSD.  If you serve for longer than one continuous year, you keep it as a permanent badge.  It's listed on my DD214.

From '94 to '95, my last year in the Army, I was selected (forced) to go to the Pentagon on a special detail as part of the "SEC DEF Sentry Team".  Basically, representatives from each branch of service, to include the USCG, wore dress blues, strapped on a M9 (issued 9 mm pistol) and stood outside the Secretary of Defense's office. 

As cheesy as it sounds, it was pretty cool and we did do more than just stand there.  Sometimes we drove general officers, office staffers or VIPs guests of the secretary.  We attended some specialized "protection training" that I think was just a morale booster.  The coolest part was seeing all the high speed folks coming in and out of the office.  From General Powell to all the Service Chiefs, as well as foreign dignitaries.  People I personally remember include Scott O'Grady, Steven Spielberg, the whole 1994 Winter Olympic team (or was it summer), and a few Medal of Honor recipients to name a few.

It wasn't the job I signed up for as an infantryman, but it was certainly an experience few can talk about.

Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

Quote from: Stonewall on August 28, 2007, 09:16:29 PM
Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) ID badge.  It's a temporary badge worn by folks serving under the OSD.  If you serve for longer than one continuous year, you keep it as a permanent badge.  It's listed on my DD214.

From '94 to '95, my last year in the Army, I was selected (forced) to go to the Pentagon on a special detail as part of the "SEC DEF Sentry Team".  Basically, representatives from each branch of service, to include the USCG, wore dress blues, strapped on a M9 (issued 9 mm pistol) and stood outside the Secretary of Defense's office. 

As cheesy as it sounds, it was pretty cool and we did do more than just stand there.  Sometimes we drove general officers, office staffers or VIPs guests of the secretary.  We attended some specialized "protection training" that I think was just a morale booster.  The coolest part was seeing all the high speed folks coming in and out of the office.  From General Powell to all the Service Chiefs, as well as foreign dignitaries.  People I personally remember include Scott O'Grady, Steven Spielberg, the whole 1994 Winter Olympic team (or was it summer), and a few Medal of Honor recipients to name a few.

It wasn't the job I signed up for as an infantryman, but it was certainly an experience few can talk about.

Not to get too far off your subject, but you look like the guy that used to be on one of those Army Values posters we were all forced to hang in the office.  Is that you......personal courage?
What's up monkeys?

Stonewall

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 28, 2007, 10:03:55 PMNot to get too far off your subject, but you look like the guy that used to be on one of those Army Values posters we were all forced to hang in the office.  Is that you......personal courage?

Nope, I'm the main guy in the Army Values Series...

Picture taken in 1997 prior to deploying to Bosnia.  AUSA did an article on my company as the "first National Guard infantry company to be deployed since Vietnam".  This picture ended up on the cover of the 1997 Army Green Book (AUSA's annual publication).  After numerous scandals the Army was looking to improve its soldiers from the top down so they came up with the Army Values.  They selected this photo as the "cover poster" for the series.  It ran 9 years, until 2006 when the replaced all the old posters with new ones.

http://www.armyg1.army.mil/HR/ARMYVALUES.ASP
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

^  Man that is awesome!  I knew you looked way familiar even though I never saw you before.  That was something we all stared at during classes and briefings.  In fact, I think I still have my copy from Soldiers.  If I do, would you consider a signature??   :)
What's up monkeys?

Stonewall

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 28, 2007, 10:18:00 PM
^  Man that is awesome!  I knew you looked way familiar even though I never saw you before.  That was something we all stared at during classes and briefings.  In fact, I think I still have my copy from Soldiers.  If I do, would you consider a signature??   :)

Seriously?  Yes, sir, I'll sign it.  It won't be the first, but I never really understood why people ask me to do it.
Serving since 1987.

Smokey

not my best but one of my coolest.......

That's me on the left.....
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

LtCol White

Me in a rather different..non CAP uniform at a WWII function

;D

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Stonewall

Me in a different place at a different time...

Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

In the Maldive Islands just a few days after the Tsunami hit.

Serving since 1987.

RogueLeader

Quote from: LtCol White on August 29, 2007, 12:34:41 AM
Me in a rather different..non CAP uniform at a WWII function

;D

Were can I get a set of those boots, they would be great for my JK uniform
WYWG DP

GRW 3340