Main Menu

Uniform contest

Started by SAR-EMT1, August 20, 2007, 03:45:08 PM

Duke Dillio

Quote from: caphistorian on August 21, 2007, 11:52:25 AM
Cayman Islands Cruise last year. Had a great time and even met a Retired Municipal Court Judge who had been in CAP in the 1940' and 50's as a Cadet.

Great pictures there.  I'm not gonna ask why you would have a CAP Mess Dress Uniform on a cruise.  I've always liked this uniform but have never bothered to buy one as it seems to me that I would wear it once or twice and then never play with it again.  It looks good on you though there caphistorian.

flyerthom

TC

afgeo4

Is that a 172 or a Sukhoi?
GEORGE LURYE

flyerthom

TC

Ford73Diesel

Heres a picture of me drinking the grog at the 2007 OHWG encampment. It was gross.....

afgeo4

Quote from: flyerthom on August 21, 2007, 07:31:02 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on August 21, 2007, 07:25:39 PM

Mig 29 at Nellis.

That was actually my first guess.  Is that a/c used for aggressor training or just at museum?
GEORGE LURYE

flyerthom

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 21, 2007, 08:14:01 PM
Quote from: flyerthom on August 21, 2007, 07:31:02 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on August 21, 2007, 07:25:39 PM

Mig 29 at Nellis.

That was actually my first guess.  Is that a/c used for aggressor training or just at museum?

At the museum.
TC

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: isuhawkeye on August 21, 2007, 01:16:04 PM
thats the problem.  You may never get a real CAP uniform, and you will spend the rest of your career explaining why the polo is just fine.

Wow....what an "assumption" to make. Is THAT why so many have a problem with the polo and slacks?

I mean I have been in all of two months....and now I may never get a "real" CAP uniform? Oh the hubris....

For the record I am planning on not only get the BDU's, but the flightsuit since I am aircrew and hope to become a mission pilot, but ALSO the Air Force style uniform. However since *I* have to pay for this stuff I have to budget for it, and since I cannot get in an aircraft without being in "uniform" I should just wait until I can afford to buy it all?

Sheesh....

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: LittleIronPilot on August 21, 2007, 11:58:29 AM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 20, 2007, 03:45:08 PM
Idea behind this is simple. Post a picture of yourself in your sharpest looking uniform. (Please no golf shirts)
Winner chosen by popular vote after a suitable period of time.

My wife happens to think I look "good" in my grey slacks and polo t-shirt, thank you very much!

BTW...just so some know for those that "hate" the polo, for a newbie like me it is the fastest, cheapest way to get into a uniform. I have yet have the time or money to buy much of anything else.

Ok.. for those who ONLY have the polo, feel free to post it.
I was in no way attempting to slight the new folks. 

My sacrifice: (Base Tour back in 2003, Im in the cockpit)
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SJFedor

Quote from: LittleIronPilot on August 21, 2007, 10:39:19 PM
Quote from: isuhawkeye on August 21, 2007, 01:16:04 PM
thats the problem.  You may never get a real CAP uniform, and you will spend the rest of your career explaining why the polo is just fine.

Wow....what an "assumption" to make. Is THAT why so many have a problem with the polo and slacks?

I mean I have been in all of two months....and now I may never get a "real" CAP uniform? Oh the hubris....

For the record I am planning on not only get the BDU's, but the flightsuit since I am aircrew and hope to become a mission pilot, but ALSO the Air Force style uniform. However since *I* have to pay for this stuff I have to budget for it, and since I cannot get in an aircraft without being in "uniform" I should just wait until I can afford to buy it all?

Sheesh....

You're right, that's shenanigans!

It's taken me 8 years to acquire the uniform items I have now, and there's still more I haven't gotten. Talk with people outside your unit, especially other units with an aircraft near an AFB or ANGB. See if they have a flight suit that'll fit you. Also, hit up your Wing Logistics/Supply person, see what they have to offer or if they can score anything from you from any of their contacts.

Welcome to the party! If you ever want to talk Mission Pilot stuff, send me a PM.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

MIKE

I should get a pic of me in trops, just to be a jerk.  >:D
Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Quote from: sargrunt on August 21, 2007, 05:11:40 PM
Cayman Islands Cruise last year. Had a great time and even met a Retired Municipal Court Judge who had been in CAP in the 1940' and 50's as a Cadet.

Great pictures there.  I'm not gonna ask why you would have a CAP Mess Dress Uniform on a cruise.  I've always liked this uniform but have never bothered to buy one as it seems to me that I would wear it once or twice and then never play with it again.  It looks good on you though there caphistorian.

Ten to one, his wife was the one who asked him to bring it.

Duke Dillio

Quote from: MIKE on August 22, 2007, 02:10:09 AM
I should get a pic of me in trops, just to be a jerk.  >:D

OOOOOO..... get some of those old tiger striped camies there Mike.....That would rock!!!  Or better yet, why not the old smurf suit or the pickle suit...  SWEET!!!!!

SJFedor

Quote from: Hawk200 on August 22, 2007, 02:27:53 AM
Quote from: sargrunt on August 21, 2007, 05:11:40 PM

Ten to one, his wife was the one who asked him to bring it.

Conversation probably went something like "We paid $400 for that darn thing, and you've worn it once in 2 years! We're not paying to rent a tux on board when you have that!"

;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Hawk200

Quote from: SJFedor on August 22, 2007, 11:53:26 PM
Conversation probably went something like "We paid $400 for that darn thing, and you've worn it once in 2 years! We're not paying to rent a tux on board when you have that!"

;D

I'll buy that. :D

James Shaw

I had some other suits I could have worn. I was comfortable with the suit but my Wife did insist. And yes it was "you paid $$$ for that thing and you can wear it more than to those out of town another suit.

I only had one person come up to me and ask me about it. It was a retired AF SMSGT who asked me what it was...he then asked me if it was a boyscout uniform or something ... I kindly told him and then he made a comment about playing in uniform on the weekend. My WIFE told him if he didnt know and he was retired AF than he was a pretty sad story and we walked off. I love this lady.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Hawk200

Quote from: caphistorian on August 23, 2007, 01:25:39 AM
My WIFE told him if he didnt know and he was retired AF than he was a pretty sad story and we walked off. I love this lady.

Would she perhaps have any single sisters? In the 35 to 40 year range?  ;D

James Shaw

Quote from: Hawk200 on August 23, 2007, 01:48:32 AM
Quote from: caphistorian on August 23, 2007, 01:25:39 AM
My WIFE told him if he didnt know and he was retired AF than he was a pretty sad story and we walked off. I love this lady.

Would she perhaps have any single sisters? In the 35 to 40 year range?  ;D

Yeah but they have both been married twice and now single again. WAY to much trouble...
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

ColonelJack

Okay, here's mine, retired though I am.

One caveat -- it was taken after the Corporate Service Coat was authorized, but before they changed the collar insignia back to CAP cutouts.  No snarking at me for that, please.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

♠SARKID♠

I cant beleive i'm posting this. This is me after ripping the crotch out of my BDU's on the way to drill team competition...