ABU's With Samples of CAP Insignia

Started by LtCol White, August 03, 2007, 03:18:13 PM

LtCol White

Perhaps some of our resident photoshop wizards can take some of the suggestions that have been made for the insignia colors to be worn on it and put them in place for review and comment. Attached is an image of the ABU that should work well for this.

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

CadetProgramGuy

I tried but not with much lock.......

LtCol White

Not bad, it gives an idea of how the color looks against the pattern. New we just need some with the other ideas. Things like OD with white letters, OD with dark blue letters, dark blue with white, etc...
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

CadetProgramGuy

Too Much free time......

arajca

White on Navy

LtCol White

These are good. It helps everyone get a better idea of how the combinations look.

Lets see one with OD tapes and white letters, OD tapes with dark blue letters (as USAF wears on the BDU), tan tapes with white letters, and tan tapes with dark blue letters.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Viper QA

If we ever switch to the ABU I hope that the AF allows a color combination for the nametapes/badges/patches that looks decent. I know that they will want something that makes the CAP uniform distinctive from the AF uniform, but I hope it is well thought out.

I have my doubts that CAP will ever be in the ABU. I foresee us in the woodland BDU for sometime & then a switch to the BBDU. I personally think we need to be in the uniform of our parent service, but they don't ask my opinion!

If I were on the uniform committee I would recommend the ABU with the OD & blue tapes currently worn on the AF BDU. I think that would make our uniform distinctive enough & not look too silly loaded with all colored stuff.
J.J. Jones
NY-135

MIKE

Flag blue on ABU:  ;D

You could change the thread color to ultramarine for a little distinction/tradition.

If not those... I'd keep what we got.

Mike Johnston

ddelaney103

I would go with white on navy.

It matches the insignia on the blue utility suit and looks professional without crowding the real AF.  Also, there's enough color difference that you can read them at a distance.

JC004

Quote from: ddelaney103 on August 04, 2007, 05:24:07 PM
I would go with white on navy.

It matches the insignia on the blue utility suit and looks professional without crowding the real AF.  Also, there's enough color difference that you can read them at a distance.

Ditto.

Flying Pig

Yup Yup...I like the navy blue/white.  Just enough contrast but not so much you look silly.  And we can sew ours on, they dont need to be velcroed.

jb512

Here are a few more...

LtCol White

I'm not big on the gray but the others are ok. I like the OD with white letters. I don't think USAF would go for the black on OD since its a little too army looking. However, Dark blue on OD like USAF currently wears might work since the new ABU has an almost black looking blue on the camo background. Would be interesting to see some photoshop work ups of more on the ABU shirt.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

jb512

Ok, let's try this with an open mind....

Since we have the grey already, the ABU really doesn't look bad with grey namestrips.

Another idea that popped into my head is.. what keeps us from using the same shaped insignia, but choose our own colors for it?  A possibility is to change the gold/white to a non-traditional military color sticking with shades of blue, grey, etc...

See attached...

Thoughts?

jb512

Here are some grey shades with an attempt at a wing patch as well.

I kinda like it on the new pattern.

LtCol White

I like the blue on gray. Can you do white letters on OD and also Blue letters on OD?
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

I think either the blue on grey or the white on navy would be best. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Ricochet13

If we're going to go to a new uniform, why not simply the BBDU?  Come on now - let's apply the time-tested "KISS" philosophy to this issue.  Easy to get, rather inexpensive, multiple suppliers, and not a cammo uniform on which bright blue insignia are placed.

jb512

Quote from: Ricochet13 on August 06, 2007, 10:54:56 PM
If we're going to go to a new uniform, why not simply the BBDU?  Come on now - let's apply the time-tested "KISS" philosophy to this issue.  Easy to get, rather inexpensive, multiple suppliers, and not a cammo uniform on which bright blue insignia are placed.

We argued that one already.  The free uniforms from the military outweigh going solely to a uniform that everyone, mainly cadets, would have to purchase.

Ricochet13

Quote from: jaybird512 link=topic=2532.msg46716#msg46716 date=
Quote from: Ricochet13 link=topic=2532.msg46715#msg46715 date=

We argued that one already.  The free uniforms from the military outweigh going solely to a uniform that everyone, mainly cadets, would have to purchase.

Well, wasn't looking for an argument.  Just stating what I feel is a better option.  There is a DoD hold now on all BDU uniforms.  Also survey your cadets, see how many have relied on DRMO or other surplus uniforms.  A cadet in a BBDU will look just a sharp as one in surplus BDU's.  Of course, as you say, you've already argued this so that's my take.  We'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue.