CAP phase-in time for ABU's

Started by RogueLeader, July 05, 2007, 05:07:33 AM

What do you think that the phase-in times for the ABU's be for CAP?

2-3 yrs
25 (23.1%)
3-4 yrs
13 (12%)
4-5 yrs.
20 (18.5%)
5-7yrs
23 (21.3%)
8-10 years
11 (10.2%)
10+
16 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

jb512

Quote from: JThemann on September 24, 2007, 12:23:03 AM
Quote from: PHall on September 23, 2007, 03:03:30 AM
Quote from: dougsnow on September 22, 2007, 11:09:56 PM
I am not sold at all with the ABU, and I would probably wait until the very last day for it...

And nothing is forcing you to wear it either. You can always wear the Blue BDU instead.

No one really wears that, do they?

I've only seen a few, but just because of their facial hair.  What I've seen a lot more of is those who are busting out of their BDUs who should be wearing the BBDUs...

JayT

It was a joke.

I haven't worn woodland BDUs in about a year.

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

jb512

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

DHollywood

We mandate  designate the wear of the BDU to the exclusion of the BBDU in our squadron for field uniforms.
account deleted by member

jb512

Quote from: DHollywood on September 24, 2007, 06:17:26 AM
We mandate  designate the wear of the BDU to the exclusion of the BBDU in our squadron for field uniforms.

We'd love to do that, but not all of ours meet the weight/grooming standards.

JayT

What if a cadet is fifteen pounds overweight and over eighteen?

What if a SM refuses to shave?

What if my BDUs are in the wash, and all I have is my Blue BDUs?

Hawk200

Quote from: JThemann on September 24, 2007, 04:37:34 PM

Guess it's a good thing you're not in that squadron, isn't it?

pixelwonk

Show me a unit that does that and I'll show you a unit with members who look like they really don't belong in BDUs.

Granted, I say that taking into account the limitations of the current regulations.
I'd much rather see members in one uniform.  Heck, if you had a cadet flight in woodland and a senior flight in blue, even that would be great compared to how we operate now.

ddelaney103

Quote from: tedda on September 24, 2007, 05:22:39 PM

Show me a unit that does that and I'll show you a unit with members who look like they really don't belong in BDUs.

Granted, I say that taking into account the limitations of the current regulations.
I'd much rather see members in one uniform.  Heck, if you had a cadet flight in woodland and a senior flight in blue, even that would be great compared to how we operate now.

In practice, it works really well.  My old sqdn made the BBDU/blue jumpsuit/blue nomex the default uniform for SM's.  The CP types have the option to wear AF style uniforms during Cadet activities, but mostly they do that when they're out on Cadet trips.

One color, one fight, one CAP!

DHollywood

I should have clarified that rule is for cadets.

Most of our officers wear the blue polo/grey slacks or the white and grey. 

I only enforce uniformity for my cadets since I'm the DCC.

It works for us just fine.
account deleted by member

jb512

JayT

Quote from: jaybird512 on September 24, 2007, 07:31:04 PM
Quote from: DHollywood on September 24, 2007, 07:29:35 PM
I should have clarified that rule is for cadets.

That makes more sense.

Well...

Most Cadets wear the BDUs anyhow.

I'm willing to bet theres more SM's who shouldn't be in BDUs compared to the number of Cadets who shouldn't be in BDUs.

Hawk200

Quote from: JThemann on September 24, 2007, 11:30:33 PM
I'm willing to bet theres more SM's who shouldn't be in BDUs compared to the number of Cadets who shouldn't be in BDUs.

Define "shouldn't be"...

Cecil DP

Quote from: JThemann on September 24, 2007, 04:37:34 PM

According to the regs they wear a CAP alternate uniform
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

JayT

Quote from: Hawk200 on September 24, 2007, 11:53:10 PM

Define "shouldn't be"...

Overweight
Excessive earings on females/earings on males.
Beards.
etc etc etc.

Hawk200

Quote from: JThemann on September 25, 2007, 10:52:54 AM

Define "shouldn't be"...

Overweight
Beards.
etc etc etc.

Overweight isn't really an issue for the cadets under 18 crowd.

Excessive earings on either gender isn't a reason to stuff them in BBDU's, it's a reason to start explaining professional conduct. That's not appropriate in any uniform.

Beards? Haven't run into any cadets with a beard. Even in Alaska. But it would be a valid reason to put them in alternates if they chose not to shave.

For the most part, there really aren't many reasons for cadets under 18 not to be in AF uniforms.

LtCol White

Quote from: Hawk200 on September 25, 2007, 01:13:42 PM
Quote from: JThemann on September 25, 2007, 10:52:54 AM

Define "shouldn't be"...

Overweight
Beards.
etc etc etc.

Overweight isn't really an issue for the cadets under 18 crowd.

Excessive earings on either gender isn't a reason to stuff them in BBDU's, it's a reason to start explaining professional conduct. That's not appropriate in any uniform.

Beards? Haven't run into any cadets with a beard. Even in Alaska. But it would be a valid reason to put them in alternates if they chose not to shave.

For the most part, there really aren't many reasons for cadets under 18 not to be in AF uniforms.

Agree 100% !!
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Matt

<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

JCJ

Important USAF policy briefing on wear of ABU's.