New Uniforms, use Boy Scouts style

Started by SARPilotNY, July 03, 2007, 04:15:17 PM

ColonelJack

Quote from: 12211985 on July 03, 2007, 07:46:17 PM
Ditch the TPU, ditch the TPU!!!   >:D

Not gonna happen.

The aviator grays will go before the corporate blues do.

Fact.  Live with it.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Psicorp

WIWAC I was looking forward to turning Senior just so I could wear the Guayabera shirt combo.    :P    We need to bring that back  >:D
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

ColonelJack

I have to side with those who are pushing for one version of each available uniform and that's it.

Here's how I break it down:

AF Style                                     CAP Style

Mess Dress                                          Blazer Combo
Service Dress                                       Corporate Blue
BDU                                                      BBDU
AF Flight Suit (aircrew only)                 CAP Flight Suit (aircrew only)
                                                           Polo Shirt/gray slacks

Thoughts?

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

ColonelJack

Of course, the foregoing presupposes CAP NHQ allows the fuzzies as well as the fat to wear corporate blues. 

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

SarDragon

Quote from: capchiroThe Smurf suits were also relatively cheap at the time.

Well, that depends on your perspective. $16.95 is chump change today, but some of us lower paid military folks from the late '70s might disagree.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SARPilotNY on July 03, 2007, 05:24:01 PM
of course we would phase it in, I like the idea of going back to the blue jumpsuits of the past and use them for flying,  lightweight and 4 sizes fits all.

SMURFSUITS?!?!?!?

"That Others May Zoom"

Eagle400

Quote from: SARPilotNY on July 03, 2007, 05:24:01 PM
of course we would phase it in, I like the idea of going back to the blue jumpsuits of the past and use them for flying,  lightweight and 4 sizes fits all.

No.  No, no, no!  This is a bad idea!  The smurf suits were gay!  Please, don't give national any ideas!!! 

ZigZag911

I would like to make it clear that I do not like, reject, and repudiate the idea of CAP wearing Scout uniforms (and I was an Eagle Scout and, later on, a Scoutmaster....Lord, I hated those knee socks with garters at summer camp!)

Having stated this, I must congratulate SARPilotNY on offering one of the most original ideas we've seen on here in quite awhile!

SARPilotNY

I have another idea for flight suits.  I see the prisoners on hand crews fighting fires in orange Nomex jump suits.  The Bureau of Prisons could give us some old ones for flight suits for flying and could even use them for traffic control or ground teams!  They have elastic waistbands, hence one size fits many, highly visable and fire resistant!  Win Win and cheap!  Just stencil CAP on the back so the cops won't confuse us with escaped prisoners.
CAP member 30 + years SAR Pilot, GTM, Base staff

floridacyclist

Y'all ever feel like one of your lower extremities is being gently ripped off your body?
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

SARPilotNY

This isn't April first!  I have to apologize to our females because I was just talking about the guys, for the ladies the Girl Scouts have almost identical uniforms.

ddelaney103

Anyone with current experience with the BSA/GSA would know that uniforms are almost a foreign concept to some of them, especially the GSA.

The BSA requires the whole suit, about $100 if all new, though I have seen the shirt worn with jeans.

The GSA currently has no required uniform - you don't even have to have the vest/sash.  Even if you do buy the uniform it doesn't look very uniform.  The days of the dresses and the funny hats are long gone.  When we went looking for a uniform for my daughter, the Brownie, she has the choice b/w a yellow turtle neck and a blue short sleeve shirt to wear with the brown slacks.  A troop leader cannot require a uniform, even if she provides it herself.

SARPilotNY

Well I guess the ladies can just wear the "men's" combo just like BDUs.  I would keep the sash so we could have our ribbons that would be redone as merit badges on the uniform for a more formal look.  I don't think we would be confused with the Brazilian's Civil Air Patrol...does anyone know what they wear?  I think we should avoid whatever the look like!  I would sudjest the American flag over the pocket.

Hawk200

Quote from: SARPilotNY on July 03, 2007, 10:41:19 PM
I have another idea for flight suits.  I see the prisoners on hand crews fighting fires in orange Nomex jump suits.  The Bureau of Prisons could give us some old ones for flight suits for flying and could even use them for traffic control or ground teams!  They have elastic waistbands, hence one size fits many, highly visable and fire resistant!  Win Win and cheap!  Just stencil CAP on the back so the cops won't confuse us with escaped prisoners.

Can't wear orange flightsuits anymore, been written out of 39-1.

Stenciling some new on the back doesn't change the fact that it's still a former prison jumpsuit. Cops are still going to be checking on someone that's wearing one. Besides, show me that you can clothe 65,000 people. Betcha can't.

What is this obsession with reclothing CAP with someone elses uniforms or cast-offs? If you feel a need to wear someone elses uniform, join them, don't change CAP.

Hawk200

Quote from: SARPilotNY on July 04, 2007, 04:48:19 AM
Well I guess the ladies can just wear the "men's" combo just like BDUs.  I would keep the sash so we could have our ribbons that would be redone as merit badges on the uniform for a more formal look.  I don't think we would be confused with the Brazilian's Civil Air Patrol...does anyone know what they wear?  I think we should avoid whatever the look like!  I would sudjest the American flag over the pocket.

OK, I get it now. Jokes over. The stupid mispelling put it over the top.

Eagle400

I suggest the removal of all American flag patches from CAP BDUs and giving them to soldiers who need them.  That would be a great idea.  CAP would no longer be contradicting AFI 36-2903, and it would be supporting the troops. 

Major Carrales

Quote from: 12211985 on July 04, 2007, 05:09:12 AM
I suggest the removal of all American flag patches from CAP BDUs and giving them to soldiers who need them.  That would be a great idea.  CAP would no longer be contradicting AFI 36-2903, and it would be supporting the troops. 

Some heads up to understand, please!!!

Find the hidden message!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SARPilotNY

Hawk200

Quote from: 12211985 on July 04, 2007, 05:09:12 AM

CAP does not use AFI 36-2903, therefore there is no contradiction.

Second, do you really think the Army is going to run out of flags for their uniforms? I have two on Velcro. For my Army uniform, that's one more than I actually need.

SARPilotNY

Another advantage with new uniforms, maybe we could cut the uniform regs. to just a few pages.