New Uniforms, use Boy Scouts style

Started by SARPilotNY, July 03, 2007, 04:15:17 PM

Pumbaa

Hey SARPilot, Don't know if I want to have a beer with you if you are the one on the right.. I am the one on the left and I don't wear hats indoors!  talk about offending me with uniform blunders!

;)

I am just on the NY/ PA border, near Binghamton NY.. Plenty of watering holes out this way.. You just have to get past the pickup trucks with the deer on the hoods and the shotgun in the back window!

Just take your D@$% hat off!

SARPilotNY

CAP member 30 + years SAR Pilot, GTM, Base staff

calguy

I think some people took SARPILOTNY way too seriously but a good point is brought up.  It is said that we are worried that we will loose senior members if we were to enforce grooming and weight standards.  I am sure this would be a true statement.  But why are we not also worried about losing cadets that cannot or desire not to meet the grooming and weight standards?  They are CAP's future!

Pylon

Quote from: calguy on July 27, 2007, 03:08:25 PM
I think some people took SARPILOTNY way too seriously but a good point is brought up.  It is said that we are worried that we will loose senior members if we were to enforce grooming and weight standards.  I am sure this would be a true statement.  But why are we not also worried about losing cadets that cannot or desire not to meet the grooming and weight standards?  They are CAP's future!

Not sure what you're talking about.  Cadets are encouraged as a part of the PT component of the Cadet Program to engage in a healthy lifestyle and develop a lifelong habit of physical fitness. 

Cadets who don't meet the weight and/or grooming standards can still wear certain CAP corporate/CAP distinctive uniforms and participate in the program.

So how are we discounting any cadets?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

calguy

How far can a cadet progress upwards if the cannot wear the USAF uniform?  Can you get through an encampment without wearing one?

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: calguy on July 27, 2007, 10:33:17 PM
How far can a cadet progress upwards if the cannot wear the USAF uniform?  Can you get through an encampment without wearing one?

If the cadink's under 18, weight standards do not apply. 18 and up, and the cadink either must meet weight standards to continue with the AF-style uniform. Otherwise, it's TPU time.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

James

I love my boy Scout uniform. Been involved since 1972
Arrow of Light, Commisioner Woodbadge etc.
I loved my Aspen Search and Rescue Nomex uniform

I have been in CAP 6 months
ESO ITO Finance and Technician rated in Comms as Communications officer.

I prefer the Corporate Uniform as we are a 501C3 non profit corporation
I Like the ARMY Woodland Battle Dress Uniform I have several and meet weight standards. It is nice the AIR force lets us use them but they are being discontinued soon.

However I will be ordering Blue BDU as soon as MY Woodland cammo's  wear out.
IN search and rescue Bright Colors are helpfult to the person being rescued
2Lt J. Weber
Callsign: MOwCAP554
Communications Officer Emergency Services Officer
Ft Leonard Wood
Squadron 153

SARMedTech

Quote from: James on September 04, 2007, 08:38:23 PM
I love my boy Scout uniform. Been involved since 1972
Arrow of Light, Commisioner Woodbadge etc.
I loved my Aspen Search and Rescue Nomex uniform

I have been in CAP 6 months
ESO ITO Finance and Technician rated in Comms as Communications officer.

I prefer the Corporate Uniform as we are a 501C3 non profit corporation
I Like the ARMY Woodland Battle Dress Uniform I have several and meet weight standards. It is nice the AIR force lets us use them but they are being discontinued soon.

However I will be ordering Blue BDU as soon as MY Woodland cammo's  wear out.
IN search and rescue Bright Colors are helpfult to the person being rescued

Have you seen the BBDUs "in person"as it were?  If made by Propper, they are a shade of blue that company calls "LAPD Blue." Hardly a bright color. In fact, from a distance they appear black in almost all light conditions, especially low light.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

floridacyclist

They still contrast much better than mottled green, brown, and black
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Hawk200

Quote from: floridacyclist on September 05, 2007, 02:21:35 AM

Do they contrast better than an orange vest?

SARMedTech

Quote from: floridacyclist on September 05, 2007, 02:21:35 AM

With all do respect Captain, no they dont. I just bought yet another bunch of khaki BDUs for another organization and they contrast much better than either blue or camo, particularly in low light situations and especially when the foliage over head it starting to turn colors. In that scenario, even the blues will blend into ground cover.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

James

2Lt J. Weber
Callsign: MOwCAP554
Communications Officer Emergency Services Officer
Ft Leonard Wood
Squadron 153