Show Us Your Rack!

Started by MIKE, June 26, 2007, 03:48:38 PM

James Shaw

Now that we have seen just about everyones rack how about if we start a new one that has it all. Put on shot up there that has any and all you have earned. Sounds challenging doesnt it!
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

cnitas

Here is my everything I've got 'mega rack'. 

Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Stonewall

Quote from: caphistorian on August 30, 2007, 09:27:45 PM
Now that we have seen just about everyones rack how about if we start a new one that has it all. Put on shot up there that has any and all you have earned. Sounds challenging doesnt it!

I already did this on like page 8.  However, this is not a perfect representation.

I'm missing several ribbons, a few accouterments and maybe a badge.  But overall, it gives you my Air Force, Army and CAP awards and badges all in one snapshot.

Click here for larger image

Once I get a chance to purchase all the ribbons and stuff, it'll look like this:

Serving since 1987.

AlphaSigOU

Col. Bowden... that's a serious ribbon rack attack!  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Stonewall

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 02, 2007, 02:35:01 AM

No matter what I do, I always forget something.  I see now, after a week since I put together that rack, that I missed 2 oakleafs on my AF longevity ribbon.

I ordered a CAP and AF rack from ultrathin and had to call 3 times because I forgot something.  Luckily they're pretty slow with production so I didn't get charged.
Serving since 1987.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Stonewall on September 03, 2007, 05:50:11 AM

No matter what I do, I always forget something.  I see now, after a week since I put together that rack, that I missed 2 oakleafs on my AF longevity ribbon.

I ordered a CAP and AF rack from ultrathin and had to call 3 times because I forgot something.  Luckily they're pretty slow with production so I didn't get charged.

Never had a problem with Ultrathin; however if you have a National Commander's Unit Citation or any other ribbon they don't regularly stock (like the AFSA/AFA/VFW cadink awards), you have to supply it to them.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

ddelaney103

Quote from: Stonewall on September 03, 2007, 05:50:11 AM

I thought you had a tomb guard badge?

Stonewall

Quote from: ddelaney103 on September 04, 2007, 01:13:49 AM

Nope.  But I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express...  No, seriously.

I actually got accepted to try out for the Tomb but I got selected for special duty at the Pentagon and took that instead.  Got a different badge for that.
Serving since 1987.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Stonewall on September 04, 2007, 02:33:04 AM
Quote from: ddelaney103 on September 04, 2007, 01:13:49 AM

Nope.  But I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express...  No, seriously.

I actually got accepted to try out for the Tomb but I got selected for special duty at the Pentagon and took that instead.  Got a different badge for that.

Namely, the Golden Hubcap shown above. ?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

♠SARKID♠

MIKE

^ How many of those UCs were awarded during your actual membership dates?  >:D
Mike Johnston

Ford73Diesel

Quote from: MIKE on September 04, 2007, 09:48:33 PM

I would think it would be rare for somone with less than two years in the program to have that many UC awards, but it is possible.....

Hawk200

Quote from: MIKE on September 04, 2007, 09:48:33 PM

I'm thinking it's another example of "Here's a UC with three clasps, put it on".

How long has it been since they clarified that? Beginning to think that a big part of our problem is that noone ever checks regs before they go wearing something or telling someone else they can.

mikeylikey

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on September 04, 2007, 09:46:10 PM

Is that possible?  4 citations in 2 years.  Thats 2 a year.  You must be in one AWESOME SQD. 
What's up monkeys?

Hawk200

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 06, 2007, 02:15:22 AM
Is that possible?  4 citations in 2 years.  Thats 2 a year.  You must be in one AWESOME SQD. 

UC's can also include the group, wing and region. But it's a little unlikely that each level got one within two years time. The only one I have was given to the entire Cali Wing after quake relief in '94.

ctrossen

Quote from: Hawk200 on September 06, 2007, 01:59:37 AM
I'm thinking it's another example of "Here's a UC with three clasps, put it on".

How long has it been since they clarified that? Beginning to think that a big part of our problem is that noone ever checks regs before they go wearing something or telling someone else they can.
I'll answer and leave the discussion at that. 'Cuz getting into another UC discussion is just what everyone wants or needs...   ;)

Point me to a regulatory "clarification" and I and the members in my unit will gladly wear the Unit Citations awarded only during the appropriate periods of members. Until, however, there is a new 39-3, a change to 39-3 or an Interim Change Letter spelling that out, CAPR 39-3, 12.c.(2) tells me that "The members of each unit which receive the Unit Citation Award are authorized to wear the Unit Citation Ribbon."

Personally, I'm of the opinion that we all should be proud of the squadron, group, wing and region that we belong to, and if one or more of those units have been decorated, then by all means we should show it.

And to answer Mikey, why yes, he is a member of a particularly AWESOME squadron.  8)

Chris Trossen, Lt Col, CAP
Agency Liaison
Wisconsin Wing

MIKE

Quote from: ctrossen on September 06, 2007, 03:21:51 AMPoint me to a regulatory "clarification" and I and the members in my unit will gladly wear the Unit Citations awarded only during the appropriate periods of members. Until, however, there is a new 39-3, a change to 39-3 or an Interim Change Letter spelling that out, CAPR 39-3, 12.c.(2) tells me that "The members of each unit which receive the Unit Citation Award are authorized to wear the Unit Citation Ribbon."

Quote from: CAPR 39-35. Eligibility. A member must be in good standing at
the time of the distinguished act and must meet the
criteria established for the award.
All award
recommendations must be submitted within 2 years of the
termination date of the act, achievement, or service
performed. Next of kin of deceased persons are entitled
to receive awards earned but not presented.

Emphasis added.

See also: This post on the subject.
Mike Johnston

Ford73Diesel

Quote from: ctrossen on September 06, 2007, 03:21:51 AMPersonally, I'm of the opinion that we all should be proud of the squadron, group, wing and region that we belong to, and if one or more of those units have been decorated, then by all means we should show it.

If we went by that, eventually everyone would have one. Several entire wings have been awarded it, so every single member of that wing would have one for eternity.

Tag spacing - MIKE

SarDragon

Quote from: Hawk200 on September 06, 2007, 02:42:21 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on September 06, 2007, 02:15:22 AM

UC's can also include the group, wing and region. But it's a little unlikely that each level got one within two years time. The only one I have was given to the entire Cali Wing after quake relief in '94.

All of CAWG got one for the Challenger response. If you were a member of the wing then, you rate two.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MIKE

I think you mean Columbia... Old enough to have seen both explode live on TV.
Mike Johnston