Show Us Your Rack!

Started by MIKE, June 26, 2007, 03:48:38 PM

Hawk200

Quote from: dougsnow on August 24, 2007, 12:47:43 AM
The AF has a qual badge for about every major AFSC (or AFSC field), they went pretty nuts after I got out back in 1993, and went badge crazy.

Actually, there is one for every career field. Good ol' McPeak was the one responsible for that one. The occupational badges essentially became the equivalent to Army branch insignia. If you know most of the AF occupational badges, you can figure out their career field.

McPeak's changes weren't popular for the most part, because only a single badge could be worn unless you were aircrew, then you could wear wings as well. People that had multiple badges under their belt weren't happy about that.

Duke Dillio

Quote from: Stonewall on August 24, 2007, 04:26:52 AM
For reference...

BTW, I've seen a guy wear the Schutzenschnur in CAP service dress.  In fact, I have a picture of him in my photo album.

Did anyone bust him for wearing it?  I figured there would be someone who would say something about it.  I "accidently" wore my Army Expert Marksmanship badge once on my blue shirt.  Someone reamed me for it but I had just rejoined CAP and didn't think about it too clearly...

Flying Pig

I think that stuff is pretty common from people coming from active duty.  I knew several Marines who wore their Rifle and Pistol shooting badges in blues.  I all cases they were removed without any problem.  The guys just didnt realize their badges werent authorized.

Duke Dillio

I think it is the matter that they should be authorized but that is for another thread.  Here's an interesting question.  I was awarded the Korean jump wings.  If I go on an IACE "adventure" do I wear the Korean jump wings in their country?

Jolt

Quote from: sargrunt on August 26, 2007, 04:04:13 AM
I think it is the matter that they should be authorized but that is for another thread.  Here's an interesting question.  I was awarded the Korean jump wings.  If I go on an IACE "adventure" do I wear the Korean jump wings in their country?

I thought IACE had a separate uniform that didn't really have anything on it except maybe a nameplate and some epaulets with American flags.  Is that only for cadets?  Maybe I'm entirely misinformed.

mikeylikey

Quote from: Jolt on August 26, 2007, 04:15:33 AM
Quote from: sargrunt on August 26, 2007, 04:04:13 AM

I thought IACE had a separate uniform that didn't really have anything on it except maybe a nameplate and some epaulets with American flags.  Is that only for cadets?  Maybe I'm entirely misinformed.

Not misinformed.  If memory serves.....it costs some $$$$$$
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 26, 2007, 04:51:21 AM

It costs a few bucks to set it up if you don't already own the aviator uniform and blazer combo (for cadets, of course it costs money, because they generally don't wear that uniform).  The IACEA uniform is white shirt and medium grey slacks.  Americans wear gray CAP epaulets with American flags and "IACE" embroidered on them, with a one-line, full-name gray nameplate.  (Gotta use a separate nameplate to generate more money).   For formal functions, IACE CAP peeps throw on the blue blazer.

If you already own the CAP aviator uniform and blazer combo, all you'll buy is the IACE epaulet sleeves and the custom nameplate.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mikeylikey

Quote from: Pylon on August 26, 2007, 05:04:32 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on August 26, 2007, 04:51:21 AM

It costs a few bucks to set it up if you don't already own the aviator uniform and blazer combo (for cadets, of course it costs money, because they generally don't wear that uniform).  The IACEA uniform is white shirt and medium grey slacks.  Americans wear gray CAP epaulets with American flags and "IACE" embroidered on them, with a one-line, full-name gray nameplate.  (Gotta use a separate nameplate to generate more money).   For formal functions, IACE CAP peeps throw on the blue blazer.

If you already own the CAP aviator uniform and blazer combo, all you'll buy is the IACE epaulet sleeves and the custom nameplate.

Isn't there also a special IACE tie?  Or was that like "so 1996"??
What's up monkeys?

Duke Dillio

That's a bummer.  I think I will opt out of IACE then.  I was thinking that we might actually get to wear our uniform in the countries we go to.

Cecil DP

Quote from: sargrunt on August 26, 2007, 06:23:01 AM
That's a bummer.  I think I will opt out of IACE then.  I was thinking that we might actually get to wear our uniform in the countries we go to.
(1) To wear the uniform you have to be under the sponsorship of the American Forces stationed in that country, if there are any. (It's a Status of Forces thing).

(2) Most of the cadet organizations we exchange with are not affiliated with the military of their nations 
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

James Shaw

I would like to have my design of the "ultrathin ribbon" mount judged. Does anyone here live in the state of GA. If so please send me an IM. I would like to send a set to someone for "independent" judging.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Eagle400

Here are my cadet ribbons.  I finally figured out how to get them on here.  All 8 years worth of them.   

Notice how I edited the "U.S." out of the "Civil Air Patrol."  >:D

Eagle400

For those of you who don't know how to cut and paste your ribbon images onto a forum, you need 2 things: a photobucket account (or equivalent) and Microsoft Paint.  Just do the following:

1. Generate your ribbon rack

2. Open the page with your generated ribbon rack.  Maximize the page so it fills the screen.

3. Press CTRL + "Print Screen."

4. Open Microsoft Paint.  Click on "Edit", scroll down, and select "Paste."  The picture of the screen with your generated ribbon rack will be uploaded onto Microsoft Paint. 

5. Edit the image on Microsoft Paint as appropriate, then save the image to your computer.

6. Upload the saved paint image (your ribbons) to your Photobucket (or equivalent) account.

7. Cut and paste the URL into your post.

8. Click the "Post" button.

Ta-da!  Your ribbons are now viewable on the forum.   

Stonewall

Thanks, Mr. ♠  I have been trying to figure it out for a long long time.  I managed before, but it was totally weak compared to this image.  Cheers.

My CAP rack with badges....

Serving since 1987.

Ford73Diesel

I most likely did something wrong.....

Eagle400

Quote from: Stonewall on August 30, 2007, 01:32:22 AM
Thanks, Mr. ♠  I have been trying to figure it out for a long long time.  I managed before, but it was totally weak compared to this image.  Cheers.

You're welcome, sir.  Took me a while to find out myself.  Cheers. 

JC004

Quote from: markh on August 30, 2007, 02:41:17 AM
I most likely did something wrong.....

I think you just need to crop.

Eagle400

Lt Col Bowden, thank you for your service in both the military and CAP.  Here's a challenge coin:

I received this from an Air Force Major assigned to the Air Force Auxiliary branch for the Air and Space Operations Directorate of Homeland Security (XOH).  I was on a class trip to the Pentagon and helped arrange a meeting with AF-XOH through the Major, who I had met at a wing conference.  At the time, Col Richard Anderson (Brig Gen, CAP) was the director of AF-XOH.

Hope you enjoy this challenge coin...  it's a rare find!   :)

Stonewall

Thank you, I can add it to my small collection.  These are about 1/3 of my collection.  These are just the ones that mean something to me.

Serving since 1987.

Eagle400

Quote from: Stonewall on August 30, 2007, 04:53:15 AM
Thank you, I can add it to my small collection.  These are about 1/3 of my collection.  These are just the ones that mean something to me.

Impressive!  Thanks for sharing.