Show Us Your Rack!

Started by MIKE, June 26, 2007, 03:48:38 PM

jacklumanog

I've enjoyed reading through this post!  What a pleasure to read of others exploits!

Here is my rack:
Ch, Lt Col Jon I. Lumanog, CAP
Special Assistant to the National Chief of Chaplains for Diversity of Ministry

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: jacklumanog on August 02, 2007, 07:21:03 PM
I've enjoyed reading through this post!  What a pleasure to read of others exploits!

Here is my rack:

Padre,

No 'Green Weenie' yet? (Unit Citation Award.)  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Pace

Lt Col, CAP

adamblank

I have to give the spings some love.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Adam Brandao

MIKE

Spwings!  I still like the old pocket rocket and Space and Missiles badge better.
Mike Johnston

adamblank

Adam Brandao

LeoBurke

What did you get that one for?  $1.05 at the BX. 
Leo Burke, Michigan

/\/\/\   The Spaatz award is over-rated.  Get yours and prove it.  It's Half the
\/\/\/   Mitchell, Half the Earhart, write a paragraph and run around the block!

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Camas

My rack plus specialty track badges

MIKE

I AM THE LAW![/Stallone]  Do as I say, not as I do.  8)
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Camas,

I'm not an expert on Vietnam service, but my dad has a few of the same ones you do.  FYI, foreign awards, even in CAP, are the last to go on your rack.  So technically they should be lower than your CAP ribbons.

For example, I have a NATO ribbon.  That goes below my recruiter ribbon.  That one ribbon, the white and green one, I believe is a foreign award.  That should be your last ribbon.
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

UK, FYI: CAPM 39-1 Table 5-3. is your friend.
Mike Johnston

jb512

Quote from: Camas on August 10, 2007, 02:17:55 AM
My rack plus specialty track badges

And you're missing a silver star on your leadership ribbon...

jb512

Quote from: adamblank on August 10, 2007, 01:18:54 AM
I have to give the spings some love.

I have a question for ya.  We have a guy in our squadron who is prior AF and had the missile badge w/ wreath.  Are the new spings retroactive for those or would he have to be currently in to rate them?  I ask because (please correct me if I'm wrong) the missile badges fall under the occupational badges that don't transfer over and he can't wear his.  If he rates the new badge then he can wear that, right?

Stonewall

Quote from: MIKE on August 10, 2007, 02:50:12 AM
UK, FYI: CAPM 39-1 Table 5-3. is your friend.

Yeah, just looked at it, I'm right, right?  You're just saying, that I have a friend in 39-1?
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

No, trying to get you to look again without calling you out.
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

No, it says foreign awards come last, I just looked at it.  Call me out, I don't care.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong.  Ain't no thang.
Serving since 1987.

Hawk200

Quote from: jaybird512 on August 10, 2007, 03:07:41 AM
I have a question for ya.  We have a guy in our squadron who is prior AF and had the missile badge w/ wreath.  Are the new spings retroactive for those or would he have to be currently in to rate them?  I ask because (please correct me if I'm wrong) the missile badges fall under the occupational badges that don't transfer over and he can't wear his.  If he rates the new badge then he can wear that, right?

Funny, but that one used to be allowed. And the older versions of 39-1 permitted it. Seems like the important stuff keeps getting dropped in favor of quantity when it comes to 39-1. Might be an answer on KnowledgeBase.

I do know that the new spece badge requires a different certification process. The new badge has a few seriously different requirements. I don't really know the contents of those courses, but I'm sure your member might be able to decipher the stuff in the file I've attached.

Stonewall

Okay, here we go.

In Table 5-2, which is decorations for Senior Members, the last one listed is Foreign Awards.

In Table 5-3, it says US Military Awards and Decorations.  It doesn't specify foreign awards, but at the bottom it lists Foreign Service Medals as the last ones.

"Foreign Service Medals" are exactly that, foreign.  The NATO medal is not a US Military Award or Decoration.

Too me, it's incorrect, foreign awards should come after "US" CAP awards, but that's my opinion.

I'm wrong.  No worries.  Was it that way before the latest 39-1?
Serving since 1987.