Show Us Your Rack!

Started by MIKE, June 26, 2007, 03:48:38 PM

Major Lord

Dam Sgt Savage! You don't see many CIB's in CAP!

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

MIKE

Quote from: CaptLord on July 09, 2007, 01:08:11 AMI can't find any clear regulatory guidance on this (surprise! CAP is unclear on regs!) In this thread you will see numerous comnputer graphics showing mutliple metal blingage, so I am pretty sure that you can wear both an EMT "Star of Life" badge ( hey, when I got mine, that was the only badge...) and an ES rating badge. Do you want to tell el generalissimo that he can't wear more than one set of wings?

Doesn't say you can, therefore you cannot.  It is very clear.
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Okay, I went back in time and did it the old fashioned way, I took a picture of all my crap, some of which is still missing, especially a lot of the little stars and oakleafs for ribbons.  Should have a 20 on my Red Service Ribbon too...

Click here for larger image
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on July 08, 2007, 04:49:12 PM

I almost didn't reply. Seems a little pretentious. I got over it.

Sarge- on what type of occasion, if any, do you wear all of those. You certainly are well decorated. Dont see those much in CAP. I know it sounds corny, but thank you for your service to our country.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Major Lord

Quote from: MIKE on July 09, 2007, 01:35:40 AM
Quote from: CaptLord on July 09, 2007, 01:08:11 AMI can't find any clear regulatory guidance on this (surprise! CAP is unclear on regs!) In this thread you will see numerous comnputer graphics showing mutliple metal blingage, so I am pretty sure that you can wear both an EMT "Star of Life" badge ( hey, when I got mine, that was the only badge...) and an ES rating badge. Do you want to tell el generalissimo that he can't wear more than one set of wings?

Doesn't say you can, therefore you cannot.  It is very clear.

Here is what the regs say: " A maximum of four earned badges may be worn on all blue service uniforms. A maximum of two badges are worn on the left side of the uniform above ribbons, or welt of pocket if ribbons are not worn"
Bringing me back to my first question: EMT or GTL first in order of precedence?

Capt. Lord

( From 39-1 Notes below table 6-2, page 109)
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Stonewall

In the Army, there are "classes" of badges.  Like the CIB is a higher class than Jump Wings, so the CIB is worn on top.  Jump Wings and the Air Assault Badge are the same, so it's up to the wearer as to which one goes on top.  I'd say the GTM and EMT badge are equivelant, so without precise guidance, I'd wear them how want.  Like I said, when I wore my GTM and EMT badge, I wore the GTM on top since it had the star and wreath.  If I had the basic GTM badge, I don't it would matter to me.
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

Quote from: CaptLord on July 09, 2007, 02:19:49 AM
Here is what the regs say: " A maximum of four earned badges may be worn on all blue service uniforms. A maximum of two badges are worn on the left side of the uniform above ribbons, or welt of pocket if ribbons are not worn"
Bringing me back to my first question: EMT or GTL first in order of precedence?

... (From 39-1 Notes below table 6-2, page 109)

You're not reading the tables.  I will not take this topic off topic any further.  If you want me to explain in detail, start a new one.
Mike Johnston

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: SARMedTech on July 09, 2007, 01:58:34 AM

Sarge- on what type of occasion, if any, do you wear all of those. You certainly are well decorated. Dont see those much in CAP. I know it sounds corny, but thank you for your service to our country.

Your welcome!

I can never wear them all at the same time. Realistically, the CIB replaces the EIB anyway. I stick to  wearing my GT, Senior Parachutist, and Usually Air Assault. I've never been real comfortable wearing the CIB.... reminds me of what I went through to get it.

SARMedTech

I can certainly understand that. An impressive rack nonetheless. Bravo Zulu!
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Capt M. Sherrod

I am quite proud of this, since I have no prior RM service and I have been a member since only last summer.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Hobbsh1

Here is my fruit salad.

Looking to joining CAP here shortly ;D

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG

Hawk200

Quote from: Hobbsh1 on July 21, 2007, 01:20:17 AM
Here is my fruit salad.

Hmmm, you seem to have many of the trappings of one of them Navy boys....

Welcome aboard, sailor.

Hobbsh1

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 21, 2007, 04:39:13 AM
Here is my fruit salad.

Welcome aboard, sailor.

Yep, a little over 7 yrs and through Desert Sheild/Storm/Southern Watch, not to mention Restore Hope off Somalia.  Thanks for the welcome :D

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG

SARMedTech

Quote from: Hobbsh1 on July 21, 2007, 04:51:49 AM
Here is my fruit salad.

Welcome aboard, sailor.

Yep, a little over 7 yrs and through Desert Sheild/Storm/Southern Watch, not to mention Restore Hope off Somalia.  Thanks for the welcome :D

Did you ever have any contact with either the Boxer or the Mercy? My brother in law was stationed on both during much of the same time you served.
"Corpsman Up!"

SarDragon

Here is my fruit salad.

Welcome aboard. What did you do in the Canoe Club? Airdale? Surface? Bubblehead?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SARMedTech

Here is my fruit salad.

Welcome aboard, sailor.

Navy?  Whats a Navy?  ;) I kid. I love you guys. My dads side of the family are all squids. Welcome aboard!
"Corpsman Up!"

Hobbsh1

Quote from: SARMedTech on July 21, 2007, 05:33:18 AM

Did you ever have any contact with either the Boxer or the Mercy? My brother in law was stationed on both during much of the same time you served.

No, fortunately I didn't get injured to have to make trip to the Mercy, and I don't think the Boxer was in our Battle Group, I was deployed with HS-14 on the carrier USS Ranger

Quote from: SARMedTech on July 21, 2007, 10:50:27 AM

Navy?  Whats a Navy?  ;) I kid. I love you guys. My dads side of the family are all squids. Welcome aboard!
Thanks  :)

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG

Hobbsh1

Quote from: SarDragon on July 21, 2007, 08:30:09 AM
Here is my fruit salad.

Welcome aboard. What did you do in the Canoe Club? Airdale? Surface? Bubblehead?

Rotorhead, Worked on CH-53E and SH-3A,G,H for 4 yrs, then SH-3H, SH-60F and HH-60H as an airframer or more commonly called "metal mauler" >:D

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG

Major Carrales

Quote from: Stonewall on July 09, 2007, 01:51:17 AM
Okay, I went back in time and did it the old fashioned way, I took a picture of all my crap, some of which is still missing, especially a lot of the little stars and oakleafs for ribbons.  Should have a 20 on my Red Service Ribbon too...

Click here for larger image

Wow...these rendered beautifully.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

Quote from: Hobbsh1 on July 21, 2007, 12:22:15 PM
Rotorhead, Worked on CH-53E and SH-3A,G,H for 4 yrs, then SH-3H, SH-60F and HH-60H as an airframer or more commonly called "metal mauler" >:D

A helicopter man. I just got out of Blackhawk mechanic school a month ago. Start some aircrew training next month. I think I've learned enough to know that I don't know anything. Helicopters are remarkably simple and complex at the same time.