Show Us Your Rack!

Started by MIKE, June 26, 2007, 03:48:38 PM

dwb

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 07, 2007, 06:21:56 PMhmmmmm............Very Intersting!  Now......we want your 214 Sargrunt!

My guess is that the Armstrong is a mistake.  Everything else makes perfect sense, it's just that one ribbon, that wasn't added until 1998, that doesn't add up.

Oh, and I guess I could post this, as long as I'm in the thread...

PaulR

I cannot save my rack to upload it... how do I do this?  The print screen method does not seem to do anything for me...

Stonewall

Quote from: PaulR on September 08, 2007, 03:30:49 PM
PS... How does one save a photo of a ribbon bar from the Rackbuilder sites so that they can be uploaded here?

These are the exact directions I followed.  If it doesn't work, call a 10 year old to help you, that's what I did...  :-\

Quote from: ♠ on August 30, 2007, 12:37:08 AM
For those of you who don't know how to cut and paste your ribbon images onto a forum, you need 2 things: a photobucket account (or equivalent) and Microsoft Paint.  Just do the following:

1. Generate your ribbon rack

2. Open the page with your generated ribbon rack.  Maximize the page so it fills the screen.

3. Press CTRL + "Print Screen."

4. Open Microsoft Paint.  Click on "Edit", scroll down, and select "Paste."  The picture of the screen with your generated ribbon rack will be uploaded onto Microsoft Paint. 

5. Edit the image on Microsoft Paint as appropriate, then save the image to your computer.

6. Upload the saved paint image (your ribbons) to your Photobucket (or equivalent) account.

7. Cut and paste the URL into your post.

8. Click the "Post" button.

Ta-da!  Your ribbons are now viewable on the forum.   

Serving since 1987.

♠SARKID♠

Point me to a regulatory "clarification" and I and the members in my unit will gladly wear the Unit Citations awarded only during the appropriate periods of members. Until, however, there is a new 39-3, a change to 39-3 or an Interim Change Letter spelling that out, CAPR 39-3, 12.c.(2) tells me that "The members of each unit which receive the Unit Citation Award are authorized to wear the Unit Citation Ribbon."

Personally, I'm of the opinion that we all should be proud of the squadron, group, wing and region that we belong to, and if one or more of those units have been decorated, then by all means we should show it.

And to answer Mikey, why yes, he is a member of a particularly AWESOME squadron.  8)

Thanks Colonel Trossen :)

mikeylikey

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on September 08, 2007, 07:50:30 PM
Point me to a regulatory "clarification" and I and the members in my unit will gladly wear the Unit Citations awarded only during the appropriate periods of members. Until, however, there is a new 39-3, a change to 39-3 or an Interim Change Letter spelling that out, CAPR 39-3, 12.c.(2) tells me that "The members of each unit which receive the Unit Citation Award are authorized to wear the Unit Citation Ribbon."

Personally, I'm of the opinion that we all should be proud of the squadron, group, wing and region that we belong to, and if one or more of those units have been decorated, then by all means we should show it.

And to answer Mikey, why yes, he is a member of a particularly AWESOME squadron.  8)

Thanks Colonel Trossen :)

Did the actual SQD earn all 4 Unit Citations, or were there ones awarded to the Wing, Group etc. 
What's up monkeys?

Monty

PaulR

Wow Stonewall!! You are the best!

Here is my rack.  I did include my Mitchell Award, as I think that I would be allowed to wear on a Senior Member uniform.

# CG Achievement Medal
# Marine Corps Achievement Medal

# CG Commandant Letter of Commendation
# Presidential Unit Citation (CG)
# Unit Commendation (CG)

# Meritorious Unit Commendation (CG)
# Meritorious Team Commendation (CG)
# CG 'E' Award'

# DoT Secretary Outstanding Unit Award
# DoT 9-11 Ribbon
# CG Good Conduct Medal

# National Defense Service Medal
# War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
# War on Terrorism Service Medal

# Humanitarian Service Medal
# CG Special Operations Service Ribbon
# Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (CG)

# Civil Air Patrol Gen. Billy Mitchell Award
# CG Rifleman
# CG Pistol Shot

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

PaulR

You are the best!!! Thank you very much!! I will save those directions for future use! >:D

Stonewall

Go up to my post and hit "quote" in the upper right hand corner.  You'll see how I got your rack to show up.

Right click and copy the link of the image you wish to show, then paste it between the brackets.  You'll see what I mean when you hit the "quote" button.
Serving since 1987.

♠SARKID♠

Did the actual SQD earn all 4 Unit Citations, or were there ones awarded to the Wing, Group etc. 

I don't know for sure.  Yes, 2 of those UCs were before my time, but I dont know for sure where they came from.  Any help Col Trossen?

jb512

Quote from: Stonewall on September 08, 2007, 09:55:06 PM
Here it is...

Just out of curiosity (I'm sure there is a reason, it's just not clicking to me...) why is your Mitchell above your two marksmanship ribbons?

Stonewall

Because it's harder to get the Mitchell than it is to get marskmanship ribbons in the CG?   ;D
Serving since 1987.

jb512

Quote from: Stonewall on September 08, 2007, 10:57:56 PM
Because it's harder to get the Mitchell than it is to get marskmanship ribbons in the CG?   ;D

That's it!

Stonewall

Now, what did everyone get their ribbons for?

Joint Service Commendation:  Good job when at the Pentagon in a Joint environment.

Air Force Achievement Medal:  Got it after serving 3 years at my unit then transfering.

4 Army Achievement Medals: 1.  Something I did at NTC.  2.  For volunteering to do some Army birthday ceremony in Rhode Island.  3.  I forgot.  4.  Soldier of the Year.

Army Superior Unit Award:  I was in my unit when the unit got the award.

Good Conduct Medal: 3 years of Honorable and Faithful service on active duty.

GWOT Service:  Serving during GWOT

Army Res Achievement Medal:  Don't know, it showed up on my NG Form 22

NDSM x 2:  Service during Desert Storm and GWOT

Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal:  Service in Bosnia

Armed Forces Service Medal:  Service in Bosnia

Mil Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal:  CAP and Soldiers/Airman's home in DC

AF Longevity Device x 3 (missing the OLCs):  12 years service in any branch of service.

Reserve Mobilization Medal with "M" device:  Awarded for being in the Guard and being activated for mobilization.

NCO Academy ribbon with "2":  PLDC and BNCOC

AF Marksmanship ribbon with star:  Expert in rifle and pistol

Army Service Ribbon:  Army Basic Training

NATO medal:  Served in NATO mission

See, for the most part, they're given for doing your job.  Sometimes uyou get 2 for the price of one.

Serving since 1987.

JC004

Quote from: Stonewall on September 08, 2007, 11:20:18 PM
Now, what did everyone get their ribbons for?

I got my Earhart for taking a really big test!   ;)   >:D

Snake Doctor

I'm all for being proud of our organization but I'm also for doing right. 
I asked NHQ about the UC and below is what I got.

Unit Citation ribbon
Paragraph 12c(2) of CAPR 39-3 states the Unit Citation ribbon is worn by each individual who was a member of the unit during the period of time the award covers.  In other words if the award covers 1 January 2004 thru 31 December 2004, you must have been in the unit during that calendar year to wear the ribbon.  Individuals who join a unit after 31 December 2004 would have to wait until the unit earned another award to wear the ribbon.
SUSAN P. PARKER
Deputy Director, Membership Services

Paul Hertel, Lt Col, Civil Air Patrol
Wing Chief Of Staff
Assistant Wing PAO
Illinois Wing

jb512

Quote from: Snake Doctor on September 09, 2007, 01:37:13 AM

I'm all for being proud of our organization but I'm also for doing right. 
I asked NHQ about the UC and below is what I got.

Unit Citation ribbon
Paragraph 12c(2) of CAPR 39-3 states the Unit Citation ribbon is worn by each individual who was a member of the unit during the period of time the award covers.  In other words if the award covers 1 January 2004 thru 31 December 2004, you must have been in the unit during that calendar year to wear the ribbon.  Individuals who join a unit after 31 December 2004 would have to wait until the unit earned another award to wear the ribbon.
SUSAN P. PARKER
Deputy Director, Membership Services

I agree with people only being allowed to wear the unit citation if they were in the unit when it was awarded, but the information that you got is incorrect for that justification.  Nowhere in that section does it specify "the Unit Citation ribbon is worn by each individual who was a member of the unit during the period of time the award covers" and the paragraph makes it a bit confusing and left to interpretation.

We had to use section A, paragraph 5, Eligibility, to show that the member has to be a current member and meet the criteria for an award to be able to wear it.

The unit citation paragraph is not worded well.

pixelwonk

QuoteThe Unit Citation
Ribbon may be worn permanently by all individuals who
were members of the unit during any portion of the period of
time shown in the National Headquarters Personnel Action
announcing the award.

emphasis mine.  An ambiguous reg.  hmmm... that doesn't happen often.  ::)
It's that "permanently" part what flubs up most members, implying there should be a "temporary" permission for wearing the ribbon

MIKE

Quote from: jaybird512 on September 08, 2007, 10:56:50 PM
Just out of curiosity (I'm sure there is a reason, it's just not clicking to me...) why is your Mitchell above your two marksmanship ribbons?

The rackbuilder is wrong.  ;D  The CG Marksmanship ribbons aren't even listed in Table 5-3.
Mike Johnston