Flight Suit Badges

Started by JohnKachenmeister, May 25, 2007, 02:19:28 PM

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: MIKE on May 30, 2007, 11:19:00 PM
Holy topic drift Batman!

And put the 'tudes on SAFE please.

Quote from: Jolt on May 30, 2007, 11:08:08 PM
Sorry to interrupt and stray a little bit from the topic, but I heard a couple of months ago about a proposal to allow cadet officers to wear their grade insignia on their shoulders.  I don't really care either way, but I'm curious as to whether the proposal was shot down.

Hadn't heard of it.  I would not be in favor of such a change.  I would keep the grade on the flight cap and have only CADET on the ASNP.

Mike:

Not an attitude, but a point for the new guy:

For a while, the Army had us pin the distinctive unit crest on the shirt epaulet sleeve.  That was a disaster.  The epaulet slide got all frayed real quick, like within a few days.

Please, no pins on the slide.
Another former CAP officer

Jolt

LtCol White

We're off topic here again guys
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

LtCol White

I think so...at some point.... ;D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Hawk200

Back to the original topic, who can actually "ping" the Air Force on the status of embroidered nameplates and embroidered insignia? There's got to be some way.

I'm beginning to think that CAP needs an empowered uniform board. A board that will address the issues that members want, put them forward if the proposals are reasonable, and authorized to make inquiries of the Air Force directly. And all levels, including the National CC would need to go through them.

I doubt that the TPU would have actually gotten off the ground if such a path was taken, and a lot of our changes would be more reflective of the Air Force, instead of a mismash of the uniforms we have now.

mikeylikey

Quote from: Hawk200 on May 31, 2007, 11:21:33 AM
Back to the original topic, who can actually "ping" the Air Force on the status of embroidered nameplates and embroidered insignia? There's got to be some way.

I'm beginning to think that CAP needs an empowered uniform board. A board that will address the issues that members want, put them forward if the proposals are reasonable, and authorized to make inquiries of the Air Force directly. And all levels, including the National CC would need to go through them.

I doubt that the TPU would have actually gotten off the ground if such a path was taken, and a lot of our changes would be more reflective of the Air Force, instead of a mismash of the uniforms we have now.

You cite the reason we will never have a uniform board.  The National CC wants sole authroity to do what he wants, and wear what he wants.
What's up monkeys?

JohnKachenmeister

Hawk:

After my experience with the "Real" Air Force and their expectations for the CAP uniform, I am convinced that the cumbersome process of our NB writing a regulation, then seeking approval from the AF is not working.

I suggest that the Air Force write the regulations for use of the Air Force uniform with input from the NEC.  How much easier would it be to add a chapter to AF uniform regulations titled:  "Special Insignia and Provisions for the Civil Air Patrol?"

Our CAP regulation would be:  "Read the AFI and follow it when wearing the USAF uniform."

Motion on the floor to adjourn... Thank you Colonel.  Do we have a second?  Thank you.  All in favor, aye... Opposed, nay...  Motion carried, this meeting of the National Board is adjoured.

LtCol White

If we had such an animal, USAF would be more receptive to uniform changes. Especially if we had a USAF Rep on the board to be involved in development.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

afgeo4

How does yellow lettering on blue background with red edges sound? It picks up on CAP colors, follows USAF heraldry, and follows the CAP command patch. I just think they should leave grade and service on the patch so that people understand who they're dealing with. That's especially needed for cadets and senior members without grade who have no insignia on their shoulders.
GEORGE LURYE

LtCol White

I think Yellow border, blue background, and white/silver lettering looks better. This matches the command patch much better.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

wacapgh

One Senior Member in WAWG just the week stopped at clothing sales on base to purchase some plastic encased grade for his "bag" and was told that AAFES no longer stocks or procures them.

MIKE

To be a little distinctive, white badge(s) and text on a blue background with a red boarder.

For PAWG, black badge(s) and text on an orange background with a black boarder.  ;D

SMs without grade and SM NCOs shall have their grade and CAP beneath their name.  Cadets shall have CADET and CAP beneath their name.  Officers shall not have grade and CAP beneath their names if grade is worn on the shoulders of the flightsuit/flight jacket.
Mike Johnston

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: MIKE on May 31, 2007, 09:48:07 PM
To be a little distinctive, white badge(s) and text on a blue background with a red boarder.

For PAWG, black badge(s) and text on an orange background with a black boarder.  ;D

Gotta get a keystone on there somehow, no matter the color scheme  8)
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

LtCol White

Here is one made for me as a sample by someone I know at a company who makes them.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

JohnKachenmeister

If I recall correctly, we can have our GT badges on the flight suit badge now, too, right?

JC004

:'(  :'(  :'(

...SMs without grade...shall have their grade...beneath their name...

!!!

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 31, 2007, 11:18:55 PM
If I recall correctly, we can have our GT badges on the flight suit badge now, too, right?

According to the all-powerful NB minutes...

MIKE

Quote from: JC004 on May 31, 2007, 11:22:45 PM
...SMs without grade...shall have their grade...beneath their name...

!!!

What I should have wrote:  SMs without grade shall have SM and CAP beneath their name.  IIRC the previous CAPM 39-1 authorized SR MBR or something.
Mike Johnston

Eagle400

Quote from: MIKE on May 31, 2007, 09:48:07 PMOfficers shall not have grade and CAP beneath their names if grade is worn on the shoulders of the flightsuit/flight jacket.

I didn't know this was authorized.  I see Air Force personnel do it all the time, but I didn't know CAP officers were allowed to omit grade and CAP beneath their name on the ASNP.  Do you have a reg cite, sir?

Hawk200

Quote from: 12211985 on June 01, 2007, 12:19:03 AM
Quote from: MIKE on May 31, 2007, 09:48:07 PMOfficers shall not have grade and CAP beneath their names if grade is worn on the shoulders of the flightsuit/flight jacket.

I didn't know this was authorized.  I see Air Force personnel do it all the time, but I didn't know CAP officers were allowed to omit grade and CAP beneath their name on the ASNP.  Do you have a reg cite, sir?

It was a suggestion, not a reg quote. There is no reference for it.