Senior ABUs at the Winter Command Council

Started by Nascar Jack, March 02, 2016, 04:29:05 PM

CAPDCCMOM

Wow! Three pages so far. Core Values shot to H***. I wonder what the Cadets must be thinking when they read and watch how the Senior Members can bash each other like this. When will people be calling for the official Weigh In?

If we paid as much attention to our real mission and remembered what we all came in for, except for those that want to be the next Gen. G. S. Patton, we might not have the retention and recruiting issue that we have.

IMHO

THRAWN

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on March 03, 2016, 09:12:09 PM
Wow! Three pages so far. Core Values shot to H***. I wonder what the Cadets must be thinking when they read and watch how the Senior Members can bash each other like this. When will people be calling for the official Weigh In?

If we paid as much attention to our real mission and remembered what we all came in for, except for those that want to be the next Gen. G. S. Patton, we might not have the retention and recruiting issue that we have.

IMHO

The Patton job is taken. Weigh-ins have been on the table of discussion for some time. There have been much more....aggressive....threads on this topic. YMMV...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

CAPDCCMOM

But is he/ she a poet like Patton was? That is the real test, and believing in reincarnation, riding white horses..... >:D

THRAWN

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on March 03, 2016, 09:26:41 PM
But is he/ she a poet like Patton was? That is the real test, and believing in reincarnation, riding white horses..... >:D

I am but this is no place for limericks....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Майор Хаткевич

When will people be calling for the official Weigh In?

Why not the first meeting a member attends each year?

Luis R. Ramos

LST-

Just an example on how one of your camera angles post has been used in real life. Regarding post 2, shots looking down.

I read some time ago in Feld Grau, a website about the World War 2 German soldier that those soldiers were just average. However photographers were instructed to photograph and film them below the shoulder up to make them look taller than they were. And people believed the photographs they saw...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on March 03, 2016, 10:22:42 PM
LST-

Just an example on how one of your camera angles post has been used in real life. Regarding post 2, shots looking down.

I read some time ago in Feld Grau, a website about the World War 2 German soldier that those soldiers were just average. However photographers were instructed to photograph and film them below the shoulder up to make them look taller than they were. And people believed the photographs they saw...

It's the inverse of what my wife demands!

USACAP

If someone's fat, they're fat ...
Nothing wrong nor disrespectful with enforcing standards ...
That said, none of the folks I see in ABUs on that Flickr stream appear out of spec.
I've met all of the above in-person and, for their age, I'd bet you a dinner @ Old Ebbitt Grill they meet standards.

Quote from: Toth on March 02, 2016, 05:58:58 PM
I completely agree, the double standard of absolute respect in person and total disrespect online is ridiculous, it's disrespect no matter where or when it's said.

Patton was one of the most exceptional, talented, and successful generals the US has ever fielded.
Men like him are few and far between in the history of a nation's military.

except for those that want to be the next Gen. G. S. Patton,

PHall

Quote from: Checotah on March 03, 2016, 06:53:22 AM
deleted

Nuking posts makes the mods mad, don't do it.
You want a post removed, ask them to do it.

JeffDG

Quote from: varitec on March 03, 2016, 02:51:16 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on March 02, 2016, 11:07:04 PM
Quote from: varitec on March 02, 2016, 10:57:06 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on March 02, 2016, 10:17:58 PM
I am being honest.   Most people do follow 39-1 and para 1.2.2. specifically.   In those case where they do not.  It is up to us to challenge those members and report them to higher authority.

I'm sure you are. Personal observation and ubiquitous photographic evidence from all over the dang place gives me a different impression.
That's a rather sweeping accusation that you are leveling against a large number of people.

If you have specific allegations make them.   If not, making such blanket accusations is highly disrespectful.

Oh don't be so dramatic, counselor.

And with all due respect for the other defensive peeps posting here, I didn't single out any individuals and I have no interest in doing so. Really, the faux indignation is a little much. People can look at the 2 dozen or so pictures linked in the OP and make up their own minds.
In which case you should be able to make specific allegations, rather than paint everyone with an overbroad brush.

Again, your broad brush accusations are highly disrespectful.

Elihu.Lowery

I for one am excited about the possibly that CAP may convert to the ABU. Why? Because I have 5 sets in my closet left over from my time in service and would like to use them again one day.

Elihu J. Lowery, MSgt., CAP
Cadet Programs NCO
SER-AL-090 117Th ANG Composite Squadron

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Elihu.Lowery on March 04, 2016, 06:03:24 AM
I for one am excited about the possibly that CAP may convert to the ABU. Why? Because I have 5 sets in my closet left over from my time in service and would like to use them again one day.

We probably have thousands of former cadets who have the same stash after their service contracts as well. Maybe some will rejoin?

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 04, 2016, 06:08:15 AM

We probably have thousands of former cadets who have the same stash after their service contracts as well. Maybe some will rejoin?

But they'll have to buy new boots. >:D

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Storm Chaser on March 04, 2016, 02:04:51 PM

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 04, 2016, 06:08:15 AM

But they'll have to buy new boots. >:D

But so would any other new/returning members.  :angel:

Storm Chaser

Sure. Choosing black boots benefits some members and choosing sage green benefits others. Unfortunately, members who have benefited from donated used boots in the past, especially cadets, are going to miss out on a ton of old, still serviceable green boots available now and in the future. Heck, if they were to approve tan boots that number would jump exponentially. The black boots "solution" is only good in the immediate future, but doesn't take into account the long term scarcity since most services don't have them anymore.

arajca

Quote from: Storm Chaser on March 04, 2016, 04:16:11 PM
Sure. Choosing black boots benefits some members and choosing sage green benefits others. Unfortunately, members who have benefited from donated used boots in the past, especially cadets, are going to miss out on a ton of old, still serviceable green boots available now and in the future. Heck, if they were to approve tan boots that number would jump exponentially. The black boots "solution" is only good in the immediate future, but doesn't take into account the long term scarcity since most services don't have them anymore.
True, but there are a whole lot more folks than just the military using black boots. The costs for black boots, basic ones, are 60%-70% less than basic green suede boots. Of course, you can go high end and spend more, but the same is true with the green boots. Plus black boots have a much higher availability than the greens.

Garibaldi

Quote from: arajca on March 04, 2016, 04:20:32 PM
True, but there are a whole lot more folks than just the military using black boots. The costs for black boots, basic ones, are 60%-70% less than basic green suede boots. Of course, you can go high end and spend more, but the same is true with the green boots. Plus black boots have a much higher availability than the greens.

Maybe make them optional, like give them a choice between the sage and black? I think the blouse, with the new insignia, will be distinctive enough.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

JeffDG

Quote from: Garibaldi on March 04, 2016, 04:23:47 PM

Maybe make them optional, like give them a choice between the sage and black? I think the blouse, with the new insignia, will be distinctive enough.
The NUC disagrees, and they had USAF representation on the committee.  The black boots were an integral distinctiveness element as part of the proposal.

The Command Council was not asked to vote "Green or Black", it was "ABUs with black boots, Yea or Nay"

Storm Chaser

Quote from: JeffDG on March 04, 2016, 04:39:16 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on March 04, 2016, 04:23:47 PM

The NUC disagrees, and they had USAF representation on the committee.  The black boots were an integral distinctiveness element as part of the proposal.

The Command Council was not asked to vote "Green or Black", it was "ABUs with black boots, Yea or Nay"

We know that, but just because it was the only option put for a vote doesn't mean it was the best or only option.

Obviously, there's no perfect solution and no matter which one is picked, they'll be pros and cons, and members supporting or opposing each option. Still, if the name tapes are not distinctive enough on the ABUs, then the gray epaulets are not either on the service uniforms. I'm pretty sure distinctiveness, while certainly considered, was not the primary determining factor.

PHall

Black boots are much more available then the green boots.
Cops and Fire Fighters wear black boots. So the odds that you can find a pair in your town are pretty good.