Blues on holidays?

Started by Paper Machete, October 11, 2014, 11:51:25 PM

Paper Machete

Can i wear my blues on any holiday ex:(memorial day, christmas, independence day)?

Eclipse

Only with your commander's approval, and generally only to an event that is at least tangentially
connected with CAP or the military.

"That Others May Zoom"

pierson777

I commend you for wanting to wear your CAP uniform for special holidays.  However, you cannot simply wear it just because it's a holiday.  I recommend that you familiarize yourself with various CAP publications, including CAPM 39-1 Civil Air Patrol Uniform Manual.  This is one place where you can find the answer to your question. 

If you cannot answer these questions with "yes", then you can't wear the uniform outside of a CAP activity.
1.  Are you representing CAP at a military or civilian event?
2.  Is wear of the CAP uniform appropriate?
3.  Do you have your commander's permission to attend the event in CAP uniform?
4.  Is the uniform appropriate to the situation?

From CAPM 39-1 1.2.4.3. CAP members attending a military or civilian event representing CAP must determine whether wear of the uniform is appropriate, must obtain their commander's permission to attend the event in uniform, and must wear the uniform most appropriate to the situation based on formality and the commander's direction. Members will make every effort to comply with local installation uniform policy, or ask the CAP Liaison Region, the CAP Wing Coordinator, or the installation's public affairs office for guidance.