drivel... was: Navy Awards on Cap Uniform

Started by Shuman 14, August 16, 2014, 12:47:39 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: CyBorg on September 15, 2014, 03:19:51 AM
The one time I went over my CC's head - and I did it with his permission - he turned on me and basically called me every name in the book (he didn't really think I'd do it, which is why he gave me permission) because, in his words, "you're going to bring an IG and probably the Air Force down on this squadron, and then you can forget about any kind of CAP career in this wing."

I said, "Sir, you gave me permission," but he wasn't having it.

It's fortunate for both of us he did this over the phone and not in person.  I am normally very reserved but if you back me into a corner like that with nothing but insults...well, then I'm not very nice.

I quit to avoid getting a 2B.

I'm not doing that again, over something as minor as a hat.  Squadron CC's not interested, I'm not going to force the issue with him.
Then there you go.   If you are not willing to risk your CAP career.....then the idea must not be worth very much.   

Please note......that by what you just said you could have brought and IG down on the squadron.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on September 15, 2014, 03:57:26 AM
I don't think that is giving the NUC enough credit.    Just because you see a problem that the NUC does not see does not mean they are cowards avoiding uncomfortable conversations.

To be clear, this isn't really a NUC issue, per-se, they didn't even exist in their current form until recently.

The multi-form is what happens when things are designed by a committee, piecemeal, with less concern
about "mission" and more concern about compromise and aesthetics, coupled with being averse to
uncomfortable conversations, and accepting the real membership demographics.

An example - the logical mess that are the whites.

It's indicated they are >not< supposed to be a substitute for the blues, nor are they considered a
military style uniform, when they are clearly both, except they aren't, other then when they are.

Etc.,  Etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: lordmonar on September 15, 2014, 04:01:42 AM
Then there you go.   If you are not willing to risk your CAP career.....then the idea must not be worth very much.   

I cannot believe a retired USAF Master Sergeant is telling me to circumvent the very thing I began learning my first night of Basic Military Training...the chain of command.

That is, of course, you want to see me kicked out of CAP, in which case I will not give you the satisfaction.

Quote from: lordmonar on September 15, 2014, 04:01:42 AM
Please note......that by what you just said you could have brought and IG down on the squadron.

IG expert now, Herr Oberfeldwebel?  What did I ostensibly say?  In any case, this was an incident from a squadron I was in almost 15 years ago, in an entirely different wing, on a matter of personnel.

Like it or not, the reality is that you are not the expert on all things CAP you sometimes present yourself to be.

I am not just the archetypal lowly ex-ANG SrA who never reached the exalted pinnacle of shining NCO-dom you did, nor just the lowly Stabshauptmann who will never wear anything else but railway tracks.

Being an Administrative Officer (with Master rating) has taught me much about the regs over the past twenty years...at least as much as you.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on September 15, 2014, 04:22:51 AM
more concern about compromise and aesthetics, coupled with being averse to
uncomfortable conversations, and accepting the real membership demographics.

An example - the logical mess that are the whites.

It's indicated they are >not< supposed to be a substitute for the blues, nor are they considered a
military style uniform, when they are clearly both, except they aren't, other then when they are.

Etc.,  Etc.

Got that in one.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

Etc.,  Etc.

Better reread the current CAPM 39-1.  There's even a table in there that says that the grey and whites are the corperate equal to the AF Service Uniform.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: PHall on September 16, 2014, 12:06:34 AM

Etc.,  Etc.

Better reread the current CAPM 39-1.  There's even a table in there that says that the grey and whites are the corperate equal to the AF Service Uniform.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on September 16, 2014, 12:06:34 AM

Etc.,  Etc.

Yes, that's my point.  A non-military uniform which is equivalent to a military-style uniform, except it isn't depending on who you talk to
and what the point of the conversation is.

Saying something is "equivalent" doesn't make it so, especially in this context.

See the quoted text above, another place NHQ wants it both ways - a 1/2 measure to quell the loudest objectors,
but not far enough to actually complete the mission or fit the profile.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

I direct you gentlemen to CAPM 39-1, Table 1-1.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

^^
Shows which uniforms are "equal" to each other. i.e. White Aviator Shirt/Grey Slacks combo is equal to the Air Force Blue Service Uniform.

Note that the Blue Golf Shirt combo is now considered a "work" uniform.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on September 16, 2014, 04:15:56 AM
^^
Shows which uniforms are "equal" to each other. i.e. White Aviator Shirt/Grey Slacks combo is equal to the Air Force Blue Service Uniform.

Um, yeah.  I already made the point above that just because NHQ says something is "equivalent for
wear", doesn't make the clothing items "equivalent to each other".

The same table asserts the Realtor jacket is equivalent to USAF service dress, it's not, even a little.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Exiled from GLR-MI-011